Manager, Transaction Advisory & Technical Accounting
Match Group is a leading provider of dating products available globally. Our portfolio includes Tinder, Match, OkCupid, Hinge, PlentyOfFish, and others, each designed to help singles find a meaningful connection.
As the Manager of Transaction Advisory and Technical Accounting, you will be a critical part of the accounting team, providing subject matter expertise on a variety of complex topics and transactions. You will interact with teams throughout the company, including all functional areas of Accounting, Internal and External Auditors, business operations at many of our international brands, SEC Reporting, Tax, and Finance.
How you'll make an impact:
- You will perform accounting analyses, draft memorandums, and provide technical accounting guidance on the following areas of US GAAP (not intended to be all inclusive): Revenue Recognition, Business Combinations, Consolidation, Non-cash Compensation, Debt & Equity Securities, Segment Reporting, Derivatives, Fair Value Measurements, Foreign Currency, Leases, & Internally Developed Software.
- You and the Director of Transaction Advisory and Technical Accounting will serve as an accounting subject matter expert when evaluating business proposals and contracts for key finance & accounting executives & management. You will help ensure worldwide compliance with and proper application of US GAAP, including developing and leading training and education sessions on US GAAP accounting requirements.
- You will maintain documentation and calculations for key business issues (e.g. impairment assessments, review of equity investments, preparation of accounting policies, etc.)
- You will work closely with the financial reporting team to support the filing of quarterly and annual SEC filings and other periodic reports to ensure appropriate disclosures are made in accordance with US GAAP disclosure rules and requirements.
- You will assist with financial and operational due diligence on potential acquisitions, and assist with integration efforts for completed acquisitions.
We could be a match if:
- You have at least 5 years of experience in Accounting, preferably with Big 4 Public Accounting background.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance. Active CPA license is a plus!
- You are detail oriented and have a strong interest or background in technical US GAAP, including a solid foundation in accounting analysis and ability to read and understand accounting guidance.
- You have strong analytical and problem solving abilities, and solid verbal and written communication skills.
- You have strong initiative and desire to work in a team-oriented environment. Must be a self-starter with excellent time and project management skills.
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills to establish and maintain collaborative work relationships at all levels within the Company.
- You are proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
What the Team is like:
- The team is based in our Dallas office
- This position reports to the Director of Transaction Advisory and Technical Accounting
- Success on this team requires passion for problem solving, effective communication, and prioritization skills.
Why Match Group?
Our mission is simple – to help people find love and happiness!
We love our employees too – here are some examples how:
- Annual training budget for each employee
- 100% employer match on 401k contributions
- Specific COVID-19 allowance for home office set-up
- Matched giving to qualified organizations
- 100% paid Parental Leave
- Happy Hours and Company events (they are all virtual now, but still a ton of fun!)
We value diversity at our company and will never discriminate based on someone’s race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.