Billing Assistant (Legal)
Billing Assistant - Legal Sector- London City- Permanent- £30-35k
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU HAVE PREVIOUS BILLING EXPERIENCE IDEALLY WITHIN THE LEGAL SECTOR OR PROFESSIONAL SERVICES.
Your new company
You will be working for a global Law Firm with 400 partners. They are notorious for their stability and have only been growing over the past year. The business' core global sectors include global trade and commerce (insurance, marine, natural resources and energy, projects and construction as well as aviation. They have a competitive vision to continue to be the best within their field and to be the "go to" firm across all of their specialisms. This is the reason they are expanding and looking to onboard exceptional talent!
Your new role
This Billing Assistant opportunity will be working in the 'non-insurance' arm of the business. Duties include but are not limited to:
- The Billing team is responsible for ensuring that client invoices are generated correctly and in a timely manner
- Provide a support service to the Partners in all aspects of billing
- Take instructions to raise billing guides, write-off and transfer time and disbursements and to close files and ensure instructions are carried out
- Provide assistance to Partners on matter management issues generally
- Using Elite 3E to make general matter, invoice or credit note inquiries
- Allocating correct VAT charges as applicable
- Provide accurate advice on billing queries, procedures, VAT issues
- Ensure bills are sent out and scanned onto Elite 3E
- Raising apportioned billing schedules and ad-hoc billing schedules in Excel
- Ensuring that the agreed Service Levels are met
- Provide support for the new NBI process by conducting a review of finance information provided by stakeholders opening new matters
- Undertake ad hoc responsibilities as required by line manager
What you'll need to succeed
- You will need strong billing experience within either a law firm or professional services organisation
- Any experience with Elite Enterprise, Elite 3E or Aderant is an advantage but not essential
- Electronic billing experience would be advantageous
- Experience and understanding of apportionment (multi-party), net recovery and joint billing
- An understanding of foreign currency issues
- Understanding and experience of the VAT regulations in relation to Solicitor Client Billing
- Strong numeracy skills
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Possess good written communication skills
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available. You will have the opportunity to work for a global organisation with an excellent reputation and highly regarded development programmes. 25 days holiday. A full list of benefits will be available for successful applicants.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.