During a Graduate Apprenticeship at Disney, you will get the chance to work side by side with industry leaders in your field of study. You will gain valuable skills working within one of the strongest family of brands on a global scale while building lasting connections. Imagine that!
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
About The Apprenticeship
We have a couple of Graduate Finance Apprentice Roles available, sitting across Motion Pictures and Media Networks to start in September 2022.
The Motion Pictures team is responsible for the sales, distribution and marketing of approximately 30 cinematic releases per year across the Marvel, Lucas, Disney, Pixar, 21st Century Studios, Searchlight, and New Regency brands.
The Media Networks team is responsible for supporting the distribution, production and advertising of the Company’s broadcast television networks including National Geographic, Disney Channels, ESPN Sports and Fox Entertainment channels.
The roles will cover a variety of different areas in finance and provide wide ranging experience across Disney finance disciplines.
Responsibilities will include the below, with the line manager’s supervision & review:
- Support with the overall process of AOP, Forecasts and Close, incorporating both internal EMEA and external deadlines into the processes
- Review of actuals booked vs. forecast & budget
- Understand and become the expert across various systems used to extract and input data to support AOP, Forecast & Close cycles; SPARTA, SAP, ITDS, COGNOS, Mediamorph.
- Support with the preparation & maintenance of specific financial models used within the AOP, Forecast, 5YP & Close cycles as required by the line manager
- Support with the preparation of the overall EMEA Consolidated position as required by line manager
- Ad hoc requests required by the team
- On-going process improvement initiatives
- Support where needed with accounting entries to be posted by working with the SSC Accounting Team (we are serviced by a separate central accounting department within Disney, you will not be required to use an accounting software system, input journals, compute double entry accounting .etc.)
- Degree level essential; we are open to subject studied - you do not have to have studied a finance degree to be considered for this apprenticeship
- Must have the right to work in the UK already in place
- Available to start in September 2022
What are we looking for
- Potential - this is an Apprenticeship! We don’t expect you to come with all the skills and knowledge, but what we do want is enthusiasm; we want you to be eager to learn the job and committed to your apprenticeship studies too.
What We Offer
- Must have a passion for a future career in finance
- Work Experience from any business sector is valuable as you will be fully trained in the finance field throughout this apprenticeship programme
- Knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint preferable (on-the-job training will be provided)
- Good time management skills and ability to juggle more than one task at the same time
- A person who is accurate, logical and thorough
- Good attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Able to work independently and ask for help/advice where needed
- 3 years work experience in a strong commercial finance setting
- On the job training
- Support from our trusted training provider
- Upon successful completion of the programme you will be awarded a L7 Apprenticeship Qualification alongside the CIMA Professional Accreditation
- Competitive Salary with 25 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Great discounts on Disney products!
How to Apply
Apply with your CV and cover letter via the link on this page. Please note, applications without cover letters will not be considered.
Your cover letter should be approximately 400 words and include the following:
- Why have you chosen this apprenticeship opportunity?
- What interests you about working at Disney?
- What qualities do you have that would encourage Disney to choose you for the apprenticeship?
The application deadline is Sunday, 27th February 2021 however we encourage you to apply as early as possible – if we receive a high volume of applications we may close the role early.
Please note this apprenticeship will start in September 2021.