Commercial Finance Business Partner
Working as the Finance Business Partner, developing the relationship between the business and their clients. This is a customer facing role that requires a commercial astute individual.
My client are a well renowned contract manufacturer who are looking to grow their finance function.
- Analyse, understand, and influence the commercial approaches for customers to optimise profitability and allow accurate estimating of likely costs.
- Support negotiations with customers, including on price, service, contractual terms, working capital control (either in partnership with the Commercial team or by taking the lead where required)
- Act as the Finance Lead, aligned with the BU Controller, for annual price / filling fee reviews, devising and executing the appropriate strategy in alignment with the account manager.
- Analyse, monitor, and report on the key performance criteria of contract packers including FX risk management in accordance with the customer portfolio, liaise with contract packers, contract packing customers and personnel to resolve any issues and agree remedial action.
- Obtain information from external suppliers where appropriate.
- Manage the set-up of the contract within the business e.g. EDI, Monthly, Reporting, accounting
- Preparing monthly, quarterly, annual returns to the customer as required
- Involvement in the preparation of management accounts, balance sheet reconciliations and credit control for contract customers
- Dealing with internal audits from contract customers (financial, commercial, and quality elements)
- Lead or participate in projects from time to time.
- Commutable to Derbyshire as this role will be predominantly site-based.
- Great interpersonally.
- An FMCG background is highly preferred.
- 2+ year's experience as a Finance Business Partner.
- Previous experience managing customers/clients/contracts.
- A self-starter who works well in a team.
- Competitive salary.
- Benefits + Holiday.
- Good opportunity to grow with the business and manage high-profile clients.