Senior Associate, Accounting and Operations
Strategic Investment Group, a pioneer in dedicated Outsourced CIO (OCIO) solutions since 1987, offers a comprehensive service platform for managing customized portfolios for institutional investors. Our proprietary process combines active portfolio management, rigorous risk management, and open architecture manager selection. Strategic functions as our clients’ investment partner and co-fiduciary, effectively becoming an extension of their resources. Clients are then free to focus on their core missions, while we focus on providing the highly specialized portfolio management expertise that clients need to meet their investment goals.
We strive to build enduring partnerships with our clients by strengthening their investment programs through a dynamic, value-enhancing investment process, sound governance framework, and world-class client service. Our mission is to empower investors through experience, innovation, and excellence. Please visit our website at www.strategicgroup.com to learn more.
The Senior Associate, Accounting and Operations, is responsible primarily for assisting with the oversight of the client’s custodial records, providing support to clients for a broad range of accounting reporting needs, and for the oversight, review, and maintenance of internal portfolio reporting records (valuations and performance). Additionally, the role will oversee and assist with the recalculation of all client SMA sub-manager and custody fees.
Specific duties include:
- Support day to day investment operations for investments in array of investment vehicles (funds, derivatives, etc.) and asset classes including equities, hedge funds, fixed income, and private equity.
- Monitor and review updates to Strategic investment book of record (IBOR) including monthly portfolio valuations and performance calculations.
- Responsible for oversight of monthly client custodian record-keeping, specifically accounting book of record (ABOR) needs. Oversight and preparation of client accounting reporting as needed.
- Point person to communicate, support, and clear custodial accounting discrepancies for client requests, administrators, custodians, and auditors.
- Assist clients and their auditors in the understanding of Strategic-managed investment portfolios.
- Support clients in their preparation of fair value accounting tables and footnotes
- Support the review and approval of all SMA sub-manager and/or custody fees as needed.
- Special projects as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or other related discipline.
- CPA preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with accounting principles and procedures. Big 4 experience preferred. Financial industry with fund accounting experience a plus.
- Understanding of and desire to learn more about investments, funds, hedge funds, and multiple investment vehicles. Performance/Portfolio reporting experience a plus.
- People management experience preferred.
- Advanced proficiency with Excel; familiarity with IBOR and G/L software helpful.
- Proficiency in data management.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and quantitative skills.
- Detail-oriented and ability to multi-task.
- Integrity and ability to exercise discretion and maintain the confidentiality of sensitive and private information.
- Ability to independently manage projects and meet deadlines under minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable working in a demanding environment.
- Ability to interface well with all departments and to represent the firm in a professional manner.
- Must be equally skilled at working both independently and within a team.