Serves as a senior-level, integral member of the Fund Administration team to provide investment fund accounting for client assets held in investment partnerships and for various Sentinel Trust investment funds, such as hedge and private equity fund of funds, as well as foreign and domestic equity funds.
- General ledger accounting functions, ensuring compliance with all accounting procedures.
- Preparation of financial statement, footnotes and supporting schedules for entities under audit or review.
- System set up of fixed assets.
- Compilation of K-1 and other tax information.
- Build and maintain close relationships with others, including external accountants and auditors.
- Maintain a sensitivity to our clients' need for confidentiality.
Skills that would be an asset to this position include:
- Well-developed understanding of investment fund accounting.
- An affinity for details.
- An ability to identify actions necessary to achieve task completion and to prioritize tasks to deliver desired outcomes with allotted time frames.
- Polished written and oral communication skills.
- An aptitude for working collaboratively and efficiently with a wide range of external stakeholders, professional service providers, and vendors.
- Self-motivation with a strong sense of accountability.
- Familiarity with investment (Advent Axys), trust accounting (TrustRite), private equity performance (Private I) and partnership allocation (Hedge Tek) software is strongly encouraged.
Required qualifications to apply for this position:
- Bachelor's degree and CPA required.
- Five or more years' related experience in investment fund accounting.
Apply for Fund Accountant
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly