Manager - Firm Services
About The Association
Combining the strengths of the American Institute of CPAs and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, we empower the world’s most highly-skilled accountants – CPAs and CGMA designation holders – with the knowledge, insight and foresight to meet today’s demands and tomorrow’s challenges. We drive a dynamic accounting profession that works every day to build trust, create opportunity and grow prosperity worldwide.
Summary of Role:
Serve as a liaison between members in public accounting firms and the Association to help foster the success of firms. Provide CPA firm perspective in developing or overseeing development of firm practice management resources that help firms address common practice management challenges. Be curious about developments in public accounting, members’ top concerns and proactively identify possible solutions or resources for PCPS members. Interact with committees and contribute to the execution of PCPS strategic initiatives. Interact with members and represent Private Company Practice Section (PCPS) to explain member benefits, tools and resources.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Develop and/or review targeted firm practice management content and tools for PCPS members ensuring relevancy across various firm sizes. The project management would include developing and executing plans to promote and drive member engagement.
- As an add-on firm membership of the Association, all team members are responsible for the promotion of PCPS by:
- collaborating with applicable internal Association teams to provide the CPA firm perspective and to drive PCPS membership.
- reviewing marketing and member messaging to ensure consistency and relevancy across various firm sizes.
- representing Association and PCPS at virtual and in-person conferences throughout with country by exhibiting PCPS materials, interacting with conference attendees, presenting to groups on practice management topics and associated resources and explaining the value of PCPS membership.
- Keep current on developments in the accounting profession both nationally and globally; monitor and stay abreast of hot topics and emerging issues in the profession and what it means for different firm sizes.
- Communicate relevant, timely information to external audiences using a clear and concise tone of voice.
- Assist in maintaining the Association’s understanding of the ever evolving firm practice management landscape.
- Perform additional duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate in a way that is easily understood.
- Knowledge of public accounting services and the typical CPA/client relationship
- Experience in public accounting and a willingness to learn about developing technical areas
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Teams
- Strong attention to detail
- Customer service orientation
- Ability to cultivate business relationships, partnerships and alliances internally and externally
- Strong project management skills and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently and drive projects to completion
- Challenge existing processes to provide innovative solutions
- Ability to travel on a frequent basis
Required Experience, Qualifications & Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field
- Minimum of 3 years’ related experience in a CPA or professional services firm or a Firm Administrator with five years’ experience working at a CPA firm
- Relevant experience at the Association or a State CPA Society is taken into consideration as an alternative to work in a professional services firm
Preferred Experience, Qualifications & Education:
- CPA designation preferred
- Active in Association and/or State Society and/or CPAFMA
Why Work for Us?
At The Association, you are part of a global, diverse and talented group of colleagues. You have opportunities to innovate and collaborate in a leading organization that impacts individuals and businesses. You’ll have opportunities to progress while enjoying an exciting work environment that supports and celebrates individual achievement, development and professional satisfaction.
Together, we will lead the most influential body of professional accountants and create the future of the global accounting profession.
We offer competitive benefits, PTO, flexible working principles, and a supportive, collaborative team environment.