Summary of Role
This is a Excellent brand new opportunity to join the Finance Projects team as an experienced Analyst delivering exciting projects at Next.
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
We have an exciting opportunity as a Finance Projects Analyst to join an established project team in the Finance department, responsible for assisting the Finance Project Manager to deliver projects at the forefront of business change.
This individual will analyse, investigate and test project elements and ensure the highest level of quality and test sign off. This will be alongside documenting business requirements, creation of scope documents and working closely with our Finance teams.
We are looking for someone who has a financial background, ideally auditing or similar. You'll also have excellent stakeholder skills as you will be involved in lots of scoping meetings and exposed to all different managers within the company. You'll love a fast paced environment, be a real team player (this is a hard working but really sociable team!) and be self sufficient.
- Working alongside key internal stakeholders to gather information and document processes for the creation of a requirements document
- Work with Finance teams to explore options alongside long term sustainability, ease to develop and deadline for completion
- Document procedures, scope and apply rigour to all completed work
- Manage relationships within the Project team, Finance teams, Systems teams and wider business
- Support the Finance Project Manager, demonstrating intuition and self sufficiency
- Present work and communicate to the Finance Project Manager that can be easily understood, and component parts of the project workstream are broken down sufficiently
- Work to tight deadlines, ensuring escalation of queries at the appropriate and timely manner
- Appropriately assess the performance and schedule risk when preparing scope documents and undertaking testing
We’re expect you to have the following:
- Excel user, and, PowerPoint or Google Presentation
- Clear communication skills
- Perform basic testing procedures and feedback on any issues identified
- Writing up project feature documents for systems, processing feedback and managing any iterations thereof
- Chasing of outstanding actions to keep project on track and update thereof
- Able to write up basic process flows
- Updating of project tracking and plans
- Ability to work to deadlines and escalate issues to line manager promptly
- Ideally you’ll have SQL experience
In return, we offer a range of benefits:
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Staff Discount
- On-site Nursery