A great opportunity for a talented Finance Professional to play an important role in an InsurTech scale-up.
Prima has been disrupting the insurance sector since its launch in 2015 in Italy. We have grown to over 1.2 million active clients while maintaining a competitive commercial performance and receiving great customer reviews. In 2018 we achieved a €100M investment from Goldman Sachs and Blackstone, the largest in Italian tech history. We now have ambitious plans to turn the greatest success story in the Italian market into an international InsurTech leader.
We are looking for an independent and results-oriented Finance Analyst who will report directly to the UK Country Manager. Our ideal candidate will have strong analytical skills, experience in financial reporting and a desire to work in a high-growth environment. A can-do attitude and great attention to detail are also important for this role.
As the Finance Analyst of our fast-growing UK team, you will have a wide-reaching remit covering multiple areas:
- Creating and managing complex financial reports (e.g.: borderaux, regulatory reporting, partner requests and internal MI).
- Partnering with our Italian finance team, gaining knowledge of financial planning and analytics, including tracking of performance vs. budgets, creating future budgets, and participating in strategy discussions.
- Responsible for managing our UK bank accounts and treasury operations.
- Leading financial analyses for budgeting exercises and investor meetings.
- Keeping the UK Country Manager/Italian Finance team updated on matters of significance.
Responsibilities may vary to reflect both level of experience and the evolving strategy of the business. You will also have opportunities to work closely with our Group CFO and our more established finance team in Italy (10+ people) to get support and discuss best practices.
- 2+ years' experience as a Finance, Consulting or Analyst professional with a strong academic background (Bachelor's degree/Masters in Economics / Accounting / Finance / Maths / Business, 2.1 or higher)
- Advanced Excel and reporting skills
- Relishes working in a small, agile, fast-growing environment
- Positive mindset and ownership mentality
- Ideally have at least started an accounting qualification (e.g.: ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
We also require you to prove your right to work in the UK.
- Competitive salary
- Benefits that suit you
- Office in central London with plenty of Fresh Fruit and healthy snacks, a fully stocked drinks fridge
- Passionate and friendly team
- An opportunity for getting operational experience in a start-up where both your work and the results are highly tangible and matters to the business
- Hands-on training and mentoring
Prima UK is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by English laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Prima UK makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.