Dale Farm is a leading dairy company, selling into UK, Irish, and International markets. As a cooperative owned by over 1300 farmers, it is our mission to ensure we exude high standards throughout our processes, products, and people.
We wish to fill the following key position based in Dale Farm House, Belfast.
As a Financial Accountant with Dale Farm, you will be a key member of the central management accountant team working to develop best in class standards within the Group Finance function.
- Preparation, validation and reporting of weekly management accounts, together with appropriate commentary
- Timely and accurate production of monthly management accounts, together with variance analysis, margin analysis and commentary
- Reconciliation of relevant balance sheet accounts
- Attendance and active participation in monthly site cost reviews
- Assist in year-end statutory accounts preparation and associated audit queries
- Input into annual budgeting processes
- Assist in improvement projects to develop best in class finance delivery and participate in business unit improvement initiatives
- Maintain robust and efficient systems, processes and controls
- Ensure the highest standards of quality assurance and integrity are applied in procedures and documentation in use
- Carry out other appropriate duties including cover in a fully flexible manner as part of an inter dependent team
- Fully qualified accountant with any of the internationally recognised professional accounting bodies (ICAI, ICAEW, ACCA, CIMA etc)
- 3+ years of similar experience, ideally in a manufacturing background with a focus on margins
- Excellent quantitative analysis and financial modeling skills; highly proficient in advanced Excel techniques, as well as other typical business productivity tools.
- It would be advantageous to have experience of Microsoft Dynamics NAV
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to present information, status and issues in a clear and concise manner with the goal of driving to a decision
- Strong commercial and business acumen to review performance and provide recommendations on strategic direction
- Ambitious and self-motivated and able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
The successful candidate will have the drive and determination to make an immediate impact in a fast paced business. You will be a self starter, with a track record of delivering commercial improvements.
In return, the successful candidate can embark on this excellent opportunity for both career and personal development. The company also provides an excellent benefits package including competitive salary, pension and life assurance.
To apply for this position and to learn more about our company, please visit our website www.dalefarm.co.uk/careers
Only applications from EU Nationals or those with a valid permit to work in the UK will be accepted.
Completed application form must be received online by 27th April 2021.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer
AMBITION | CURIOSITY | TEAMWORK | POSITIVITY | RESOLVE | ACCOUNTABILITY