AP Manager- 4-Month FTC
Accounts Payable Manager, 4-Month FTC, Up to £40,000 equivalent
Hays are delighted to be working with a large private sector organisation based in Birmingham to recruit for an Accounts Payable manager on a 4-month interim basis. This role is accountable for managing and leading a team within the accounts payable function, leading and motivating differing levels of AP staff while implementing standardised ways of operating, reporting and driving out inefficiencies, as well as stakeholder management.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Managing full end-to-end invoice processing
- Ensuring all incoming invoices, statements and collection letters are administered appropriately
- Reconcile specific vendor statements on a regular basis
- Ensure all payments are optimised and made in line with vendor payment terms, ensuring appropriate invoice approvals are place at all times
- Control of all payment runs to ensure cash flow management
- Management of the AP team- monitoring KPI's, SLA's and day to day leadership of the Accounts Payable team, motivating and leading the team you will also lead the way in developing processes and efficiencies
In order to be successful in this role you will have substantial experience in an Accounts Payable management, and ideally have experience within a Shared Services environment. The successful candidate will ideally have experience with SAP, but it is not a prerequisite, and will have strong Excel skills. You will be a hands-on Accounts Payable manager for the duration of the 4-Month contract, so previous experience of being in a hands-on role would also be advantageous. The post holder will have strong interpersonal skills and the confidence to deal with people at different levels throughout the organisation and in particular senior management and directors.
This role can be based mainly from home, with only a few occasions where the successful candidate would be expected to go into the office based in Birmingham.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for AP Manager- 4-Month FTC
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly