Finance Director - Temporary Assignment until October 2021 Teesside Based
Your new company
An exciting opportunity within the Teesside area working as financial director for a prestigious organisation. The opportunity is initially temporary until October 2021 and will be reviewed. The organisation has undergone vast re-developments and re-structure as well as investments and growth of sites and business area of expertise.
Your new role
The role will be reporting into the CEO and will be number one finance on site. As part of the senior leadership team you play an integral part in the decision making and contributing to the strategic plan.
Key responsibilities and duties:
- Lead internally and externally on all matters related to the finance and risk management functions.
- Provide strategic and proactive advice to directors and managers in all matters related to finance.
- Ensure strong financial and regulatory controls are in place through the development and implementation of related policies, training and internal procedures.
- Risk management champion, ensuring a risk management and assurance framework is in place and effective, leading on production of audit plans, liaising and coordinating all audits and presenting to the audit & risk committee.
- Develop and have overall responsibility for the operational delivery of the five year financial plan, including but not limited to production of statutory accounts and financial returns, treasury, bank and cash management / cash flow projections, production of high quality and timely management information, tax and VAT advice and returns, income recovery and maximisation.
- Ensure regulatory compliance on procurement, tendering and contractual matters, seeking value for money and procurement solutions to support the infrastructure and operations.
- Undertaking financial due diligence and ensuring a system of control is in place for delivery partner reviews. Undertaking contractual reviews for new opportunities and providing financial information and oversight for funding bids and income tenders.
- Provide high quality management information including monthly management accounts, enrolment and funding reports, overhead and bench marking analysis, staff pay and contract scenario testing.
- Produce high quality financial information to assess strategic project developments including capital developments, merger / acquisition scenarios, financial health scenario planning and stress testing of financial models.
- Prepare high quality capital and revenue bid submissions and monitor project delivery and financial returns.
- Produce and deliver an annual revenue and capital plan in line with strategic objectives and in consultation with managers
- Meet all strategic KPIs associated with your areas of responsibility.
- Overall responsibility for the timely and accurate data returns required for our funders and regulators, including but not limited to ILR and funding contracts and returns, data accuracy checks, management information reports to maximise income, course file production, data quality, curriculum planning, timetabling, room and staff utilisation and for meeting all funder and regulator rules and return deadlines.
- Manage the finance and registry teams developing team members, providing training and succession planning opportunities and carrying out performance reviews.
- Provide and present timely and accurate reports and presentations to directors
- Manage budgets associated with your area of responsibilities.
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a qualified accountant and have proven ability to produce financial plans, statutory accounts, cash flows, revenue and capital plans and management accounts. You will have evidence of strong financial regulations and controls.
What you'll get in return
The opportunity to work within a thriving organisation within a senior finance role. Free Parking close to local amenities and good benefit package.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Finance Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly