My client a growing SME based in central Cheltenham are looking to recruit a strong number two in Finance. Great Company and roles with a very strategic and forward thinking senior management team.
- To support the Head of Finance in delivering the Finance strategy and helping to support delivery of the overall company strategy
- To ensure the timely and accurate preparation of the Monthly Management Accounts including the required level of commentary to aid understanding of users of the accounts
- To support the timely and accurate preparation of the monthly Brand P&L and KPI packs Perform a business partnering role providing 'real time' support and analysis to assist in commercial decision making Support the Head of Finance in building and leading a high performing team whilst guiding the sustainable change, performance improvement and career development of the Finance Team.
- To oversee the timely and accurate preparation and entry of accounting records into the key business systems To oversee monthly reconciliations of the financial data to ensure accuracy and identify any issues
- Ensure the timely and accurate reporting of Management figures, with accompanying commentary
- Support the timely and accurate preparation of the monthly Brand P&L and KPI packs and present to the Brand teams when required
- Overseeing the preparation and ongoing management of Budgets and Forecasts Chairing monthly budget meetings with budget-holders Overseeing the management of working capital in the business via monthly reviews and ensuring all KPIs are closely monitored and reported on
- Ensuring compliance with statutory accounting responsibilities to include PAYE and VAT and supporting the HOF in the preparation of Patent Box, R&D Tax Credits and Corporation Tax calculations
- To help oversee and manage the company cash flow forecasts
- Providing vision, leadership and direction to the Finance Team to ensure the efficient and effective day to day management of the department
- Conducting regular reviews of internal processes and ways of working and where required, challenging these to drive efficiencies and cost savings Building partnerships and strong relationships with senior managers and their teams providing relevant financial information to support them in making informed decisions which support the business strategy
- Assisting with the implementation of new systems and procedures and identifying areas for efficiencies Providing cover for the Head of Finance as required
Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- Part qualified/Qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA
- Proven experience within a Finance Team Excellent numeracy & literacy skills
- Advanced Excel skills, ability to work with lookups and pivot tables Proven financial analysis and forecasting ability
- Experience of managing teams and establishing effective performance measures
Key Competency Requirements:
- Strong verbal and written communications skills with the ability to build effective working relationships at all levels Ability to influence challenge decisions where appropriate and think strategically Self-motivated to learn new concepts and participate in new projects Methodical and analytical with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment and plan/prioritise workload
- Strong leadership skills and capable of motivating and supporting a team
- Developed project management, problem solving and decision-making skills Committed to providing accurate and timely information to a high standard Excellent eye for detail and diligent knowledge of accountancy regulations
- Ability to communicate strategies and concepts simply and effectively Excellent commercial awareness
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Finance Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly