About the Role
As an Accounts Assistant, you'll support the smooth running of the Finance Department.
Our Finance Department is renowned for providing exceptional customer service, so the ability to communicate with a range of stakeholders in a professional manner will be key.
Joining a fast-paced environment, you'll work on your own initiative to effectively prioritise tasks and ensure deadlines are met.
Reporting to our Head of Finance, you will:
- Carry out subcontract ledger transaction posting, reconciliations and submit payment run
- Process sales ledger transactions and credit control activities
- Carry out general ledger control account reconciliations, analysis and the posting of journals
- Help to prepare VAT returns
- Support the Accounts Team Leader
- Perform ad-hoc and weekly non-supplier payment runs
Who we're looking for
To be considered as an Accounts Assistant, you'll need:
- Experience in an accounts role
- Proficiency in Microsoft packages
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A highly organised approach
- To be working towards gaining your AAT qualification or willing to do so
What you'll get in return
- Salary - competitive
- Private Healthcare for self and family
- Life Assurance X3
- 6% employer pension contribution
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays, additional holidays awarded for length of service
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Early Friday finishes
- Medicash health cash back scheme
- Discount on purchase of a Cavanna Home
Cavanna Homes is a family owned business established in the 1923. Our aim is to become the most admired regional house builder in the South West. We strive to achieve this through our product design, innovation and build quality whilst maintaining the trust and respect of our customers and the local communities around our developments. We aim to be a company whose employees, shareholders, customers, business partners and the community can be proud to be associated with.
At Cavanna, everyone lives by 'The Cavanna Way'. This is our set of values that defines who we are as a team and how we behave - 'Customer Focused', 'Integrity', 'Socially Engaged', 'Reputable', 'Successful' and 'Safe'. If you believe these values match your own, then we'd love to hear from you.
To view our GDPR Policy, please see our website.
Click apply to start your application, where you will be taken to a page where you will be required to submit your CV and covering letter - please note, Cavanna Homes prides itself on recruiting directly, CVs received through agencies will not be considered.
So, if you're seeking a new challenge as an Accounts Assistant, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Accounts Administrator, Accounts Officer, Finance Assistant, Finance Administrator, or Accounts Junior.