£30,000 - £33,000 circa
Full time, Permanent
Hamilton Woods Public Sector Search are looking to appoint a financial services expert as Senior Accountant to drive efficiency and productivity improvements, optimisation of income opportunities and contribute towards the achievement of financial self-sufficiency.
My client is proud to be voted in the top 10 places to live in the whole of the UK with vibrant market towns and pretty villages, all within easy reach of Sheffield, Manchester, Nottingham and Derby.
- This varied role includes responsibility for the development of the Financial Management Systems and managing our excellent Exchequer team.
- Provide high quality financial advice and support decision making
The Treasury Management activities and Council Strategy
- The Council's payments to suppliers
- All VAT implications in respect of payments made and income received.
- The development of financial reporting and monitoring tools for Budget Managers to support the Council's objective to provide a more self-service approach to forecasting and budget planning.
- CCAB, fully qualified or Finalist (CIPFA an advantage)
- Minimum 3 years experience in a professional finance environment preferably within the public sector
- Experience of developing and maintaining good working relationships with colleagues and external contacts to achieve service outcomes
If you would like to apply for this Senior Accountant role, please get in contact with your CV and current package details to