The Liverpool Recruitment Company are currently looking for a Credit Controller. This is a full-time permanent position, start ASAP.
What will you be responsible for?
- Protecting the company's interests in relation to all debtors.
- Handling disputed accounts and negotiating to bring payment into line with terms.
- Anticipating developments, and identifying accounts that will require special attention.
- Minimising credit balances, unallocated cash and old debt
- Preparing the debtors budget
- Ensuring credit checks are carried out, reviewing and setting credit limits
- Chasing outstanding payment by telephone, email and occasionally letter
- Pre-chasing to check invoices have been authorised for payment and resolve any queries before due day if needed.
- Allocation of payments and chasing remittance advices when needed.
- Ensuring debts on account with credit insurance are kept in line with policy requirements.
- Preparing commentary for month end reporting
- Ensuring the collection notes are completely sufficient to comply with debt protection policy.
- Handling major accounts
- Visits customers as required
- Undertaking complex reconciliations
- Producing statements etc.
The suitable candidates need:
- Previous credit control experience within a business to business environment.
- A confident negotiator, able to interact with customers with a profession yet persuasive approach.
- Confident using accountancy such as Sage and Excel to an intermediate level.
- Able to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines.
Benefits and other information:
- Opportunity to join a fast paced finance team environment with an immediate start.
- Attractive salary and employee benefits.
- Modern, central Liverpool based offices.
- 8:30-17:00 Monday to Thursday, 8:30-16:30 on Friday.
If you are interested in this position please click 'apply' or send your most up to date CV to and if you have been successful for shortlisting we will be in touch to discuss the role further.