An opportunity has arisen for a richly varied role that would suit an experienced Financial Controller. The role covers many disciplines and would suit someone looking for a diverse and interesting role.
You will join a small entrepreneurial business based in the Edinburgh area that has grown quickly over the last few years. Reporting directly to the CEO, this newly created role has responsibility in all areas of finance.
Under the UK holding company sits a bespoke sportswear company, a PPE company and a new Irish-based company selling wholesale sportswear to the EU and raw materials from China to SE Asia, a small Property Lettings company, and soon a joint venture with an affordable homes company. Future JV's and corporate/personal investments are likely.
Our client is looking for someone that is experienced with Micro/SMEs with real-world experience. Your excellent people management and interpersonal skills will be highly useful within this post when working with the CEO and staff. Ideally, you will have worked in similar roles for a minimum of 3 years.
Tasks, duties and
• Offer good commercial insight and analysis to the CEO.
• Effectively manage all financial areas of the business, liaising with external accountants, solicitors, pension providers, HMRC, insurance brokers, investment advisors and lawyers.
• As a newly created position, you will streamline accounting functions and operations.
• Be the lead for their remote freelance bookkeepers. They currently run all VAT returns, payroll, pensions, bank reconciliations, invoicing, reporting, as well as many admin tasks.
• Work with the sales team to prepare cash flow forecasts.
• Offer guidance to the CEO on investment advice he receives.
• Free up the CEOs time to concentrate on strategic direction.
• Add policies and procedures where needed, without adding to the overall workload of the sales/admin teams.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, attributes and qualifications
• Take responsibility and pride in your work.
• Be able to clearly communicate financial practices and theories to non financial staff and leaders, for many of whom English is not their first language.
• A network you can get specialist advice from.
• A minimum of 2 years in a similar F/C role.
• 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience.
• Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
• Strong analytical skills and a flair for numbers.
• Proficient user of Xero.
• Qualified CIMA ideally or ACA/ACCA.
Company benefits and salary
Salary £50,000 pro rata/per annum - negotiable, depending on experience, plus benefits:
• Company shared bonus scheme (bumper year in 2020 bonus was £10k).
• Estimate of 10-15hrs work per week - negotiable.
• Free gym membership for employees - up to £60 p/m
• Sponsor employee participation in two running, cycling or fitness events per year.
• Make a difference in the world, as a company our client donates thousands to charity every year
• Home office furniture and ergonomic desk accessories reimbursement
• Company contributed pension scheme
• Fully comp ad hoc employee lunches
• Full time staff work remotely four days per week, and when covid allows, will meet together one day per week. Opportunity to work in the office more often if desired.
Closing date for applications is Monday 10th May 2021.
Our client asks you to complete a psychometric test as one part of the recruitment process which takes approx 20 mins. There is also the opportunity to upload a short video to introduce yourself. They are not looking for the perfect person, they are looking for the best fit with the company. Please complete as honestly as possible.