Data Analyst (Financial Services)
In a rapidly changing business world, we also care about our industry and have long pressed for a debate on audit competition. We believe that companies and their shareholders alike deserve the benefits that increased competition can bring and are committed to playing an active role in shaping its future.
The financial services audit department works internationally to provide seamless, cross-border services to our clients. As a member of the team you will experience a broad range of clients across various sectors to build your knowledge and understanding of the financial services market.
Teams within Financial Services
The banking group covers clients such as emerging banks and UK operations of large international banks.
The insurance group covers clients from entrepreneurial insurance brokers to Lloyd's syndicates and large international underwriters.
Are you an analytical, data-driven graduate? Are you interested in a role that offers an opportunity to shape the future of audit through data-driven solutions? This unique opportunity offers technical challenge, a creative open problem-solving environment, and quick responsibility and progression.
As a Data Analyst, your time would usually be split between working at client premises, working in the office and studying for your professional exams. However due to the current pandemic situation Mazars continues to work remotely only visiting the office and client sites on a restricted basis.
The purpose of the position is to fundamentally unlock insights contained in data and create solutions to challenges related to the delivery of external audit.
What you'll do
- Work on Mazars' most strategic audit clients, including many high profile international listed companies - delivering full cycle external audits as part of the audit team. You will work in many different industry sectors including banking and insurance, retail and the automotive sector to name a few. Exposure to multiple sectors will provide you with a broad view and understanding of the economy.
- Innovation ambassador, promoting new ideas to our audit teams and working as part of a network of innovation champions. As part of this community you will be designing, developing and trialling new processes and technology.
- Complement your STEM degree with business application and knowledge, discovering how companies work, including processes, controls, accounting and reporting systems.
- Experience secondment opportunities to other departments within Mazars, where data science is critical; business areas may include quantitative services, actuarial, consulting and forensics - in the UK and overseas.
- Anticipate client needs and formulate solutions to client issues.
- Shape the future of audit through data-driven solutions.
We will fund your study towards the CFAB, following successful completion of this we will then go on to fund your study towards an MSc in Applied Data Science.
You will receive a full study package to ensure that you successfully complete your professional qualification. This includes time off to study, attend college and complete online courses. Your professional qualification is only part of the story at Mazars; we support all our trainees with a blended approach to training and development including classroom study, 1:1 coaching, and soft skills training. As part of the financial services audit team, you will have the opportunity to sit the banking or insurance specific exams within the ACA qualification.
You will be supported by a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.