Our client is a leading International Integrated Energy Trading Company; a trader of Commodity and Energy products including Crude and Oil Products, Gas, Power and LNG.
The Demurrage Team is responsible for handling payable and receivable demurrage and shipping related ancillary charges. Covering contract, charter party and barge demurrage; they are responsible for the verification, negotiation and payment of demurrage claims, and other related shipping costs such as deviation, detention, port costs etc., in order to minimise exposure to claims wherever possible.
As a Demurrage Analyst, you will work as part of a team and your key responsibilities will include but may not be limited to:
- Contractual Demurrage: As reporting to the Deputy GM of shipping, issues, negotiates settlement of and recovers contractual receivable demurrage claims always within time bar deadlines. Analyses and negotiates contractual payable demurrage claims.
- Charter Party Demurrage: Receives, analyses and settles charter party demurrage claims.
- Co-operates closely with all other departments, especially trading and contracts department, where advice on terms relating to laytime and demurrage is required. Good advice is essential to reduce the company's exposure at source within contract terms.
- Accurately and thoroughly maintains IMOS and Excel tracking database of all payable and receivable claims. Timely update and accuracy is essential as this data is used to support trading P&L.
- Assist to prepare demurrage weekly and monthly report for line management
- Degree or qualified by experience
- Understanding of oil contracts, products, grades, qualities, geopolitical and environmental influence on commodity markets
- Excellent working knowledge of BEEPEEVOY 3 and industry GT&C's
- Ability to analyse data with a very high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to effectively communicate through both written correspondence and verbal communication
- Extensive and proven experience within a similar role in Shipping
- Engaging and pro-active personality.
- Ability to defend claims/disputes firmly when required balanced with a commercial approach.
- 'Can do - Will do' approach to difficulties and challenges.
- Possess a high sense of urgency and ability to prioritize tasks appropriately
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong negotiation and claims management skills
- Ability to multi-task in a very busy environment and have excellent communication with internal and external customers
- Be able to identify and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Be proficient with MS Office and operational systems/software