Senior Associate - State and Local Tax - Indirect
Once you join the team, you will become well-acquainted with our core values: Best-in-Class, Stewardship, Independence, Seamlessness, and Transparency. These are the qualities that define Andersen professionals.
Know that through our sustained growth and best-in-class service, we offer substantial long-term career opportunities and the tools necessary to be an emerging leader. If you want to be a part of a growing and exciting organization, then consider your opportunities with Andersen - a name from the past, a firm for the future.
Senior Associates with our State & Local Tax (SALT) practice serve on various engagement teams that support a wide range of clients, ranging from Fortune 500 companies to venture-backed startups.
Senior Associates can expect to:
- Engage in state and local tax audits and advocate for clients throughout the controversy process;
- Prepare voluntary disclosure agreements, nexus, taxability studies;
- Review and Prepare multi-jurisdictional sales and use tax compliance returns;
- Consistently work with management to identify and research complex client issues;
- Assist in project management of compliance and consulting engagements;
- Supervise, train, and mentor Associates and Interns; and
- Receive formal State & Local tax training, on the job training, direct feedback from top tax leaders, and the opportunity to pursue additional training through internal and external resources.
- 2+ years of relevant tax experience;
- Bachelor's and/or relevant advanced degree (MAcc, MST, JD);
- Accounting, Finance, Economics or related degree (Preferred)
- minimum GPA of 3.0
- Advanced credential or desire to obtain advanced credential allowing for IRS client representation (i.e. CPA, JD);
- Self-starter with the initiative to seek out opportunities and ability to work successfully in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment; and
- Proficient use of technology
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Andersen Tax welcomes and encourages workforce diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sexual orientation (including gender identity and gender expression), mental disability, physical disability, sex/gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), age, marital status, military status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws or regulations. All qualified individuals, including those with criminal histories, will be considered in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. Additionally, we make every effort to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.
ANDERSEN TAX LLC NOTICE FOR JOB APPLICANTS