Managing Director, Global Markets Corporate Banking - CMBS
111 W Monroe - 115 S LaSalle
Job Family Group:
Capital Mrkts Sales & Service
The Global Markets Corporate Banking Managing Director supports the origination and structuring of commercial real estate (CRE) lending transactions intended to be securitized through the commercial mortgage backed securities (CMBS) market. Responsible for managing the GM CB CMBS team that is accountable for underwriting and obtaining credit approval for the commercial real estate lending transactions. Works closely with the CMBS Securitization group and coordinates with other product groups and internal stakeholders as an integral part of a larger coverage team that maintains strong client relationships. Also provides ongoing portfolio management of the CRE warehousing lending portfolio.
- Completes & oversees due diligence and credit analysis on new and existing client relationships. May include property site & client visits, analysis of cash flow statements, and comprehensive review of industry trends and related regulations.
- Operates as key member of the deal team with efforts to maximize sector penetration and returns.
- Prepares and reviews credit documentation (i.e. including applications, memoranda, presentations, etc.) for internal and external stakeholders.
- Obtains credit concurrence for CRE transactions.
- Monitors client, client industry and regulatory agencies for potential changes which may affect client's portfolio and business needs.
- Reviews and continually monitors performance of existing accounts and client relationships in portfolio.
- Makes decisions based on a strong understanding of risks; effectively evaluates risk-return trade-offs, and proactively takes accountability for risks assumed.
- Considers risk, internal controls, financing guidelines and compliance as part of day-to-day accountabilities and adheres to policies and procedures.
- Partners with deal team and product specialists for accurate, detailed client information.
- Reviews and guides work of team members to deliver business results.
- Understands the needs of clients and provides relevant ideas and opinions to generate recommendations.
- Recognizes opportunities to cross-sell and to grow share of clients' wallet.
- Collaborates with sector coverage partners to cover clients and prospects and to identify/ deliver creative, timely solutions.
- Provides strong deal structuring and negotiates transactions.
- Identifies and leverages key decision makers and influencers in client / internal organizations.
- Acts as a positive change agent to drive improved efficiency and effectiveness.
- Identifies and delivers on opportunities to improve the client experience; brings in partners where appropriate.
- Maintains awareness of all firm products and services offered and facilitates means of receiving continuous updates.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Develops and leverages relationships across LOBs to foster and support coordination.
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Works with specialists as needed to support successful deal completion.
- Generates updated financial models/ analyses as business needs and industry requirements dictate.
- Applies appropriate technical concepts and completes/leads consistent and reliable technical and financial reports/analyses to support client deliverables.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Understand complexity of transactions and related risk (credit, market, operational, legal/compliance, etc.).
- Balances the Bank's risk appetite with the client needs in making recommendations/ proposal.
- Provides feedback on, and, supports continuous improvement opportunities.
- Integrates information from multiple sources to enable more efficient processes, enhanced analysis and/or streamlined reporting.
- Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or ambiguous situations and to find solutions to problems that can be complex and non-routine.
- Implements changes in response to shifting trends.
- Grows/elevates the BMO and BMO Capital Market brand with a commitment to and presence in the community.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically 9+ years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Undergraduate degree has focal areas of finance, economics, or accounting preferred with high academic achievement.
- MBA, CFA or equivalent experience in financial services, accounting, or legal fields.
- Minimum of 9 years of relevant experience in corporate and commercial banking, negotiating and structuring financial transactions.
- Relevant CRE sector experience is highly desired.
- Excellent knowledge of the organizational lending and portfolio management policies and objectives.
- Exceptional analytical skills. Expertise in financial computer applications and database management tools.
- Seasoned professional with a combination of education, experience and industry knowledge.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Influence skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group collaboration - In-depth / Expert.
- Able to manage ambiguity.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth / Expert.
We're here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmoharris.com .
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.