Experienced Associate, Tax
BDO's Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally.
A Core Tax Services Experienced Associate is responsible for utilizing his or her educational background as well as communication and organizational skills by assisting with the preparation of tax returns and research. In this role, the Core Tax Services Experienced Associate will be charged with utilizing basic research skills and working with tax software applications to complete simple tax returns for review.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Statistics required OR Bachelor's degree in other focus area and CPA certification required
- Masters in Accountancy or Taxation preferred
- One (1) or more years of prior relevant tax experience and/or public accounting, private industry accounting or consulting/professional services experience preferred
- CPA certification, Attorney (admitted to practice in a U.S. jurisdiction), or Internal Revenue Service Enrolled Agent ("EA") (or the equivalent of one of these designations) preferred
- Possession of other professional degrees or certifications applicable to role preferred
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite preferred
- Experience with tax research databases and tax compliance process software preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- Able to follow instructions as directed by members of Tax Team
- Able to prepare simple tax returns
- Takes appropriate actions without being asked
- Seeks advice of appropriate superiors regarding issues, problems related to compliance