VP of Treasury SP&E
The position will lead the team responsible for supporting company's capital decisions and strategy, managing rating agency relationships, enhancing capital modeling capabilities (economics capital modeling as well as rating agency modeling), and other key capital and liquidity initiatives. This position is located at our Kemper office in downtown Chicago.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead quantitative and qualitative analysis to support the formation and evaluation of capital strategies, and capital / liquidity generation or deployment alternatives. Develop deep understanding of the company strategic needs and drive priorities to address these.
- Develop agenda and materials for support of the monthly Asset Liability Committee (ALCO) meeting. Drive execution on capital / liquidity decisions and requests for analysis coming through this forum.
- Proactively engage with Rating Agencies to understand their evaluation of the company's capital, business and risk profile. Interpret rating considerations and implications for company strategy under various scenarios.
- Lead the development and analysis of financial models that drive strategic insights and help address diverse business initiatives. Create financial models and reporting tools to support business planning and decision-making.
- Oversee development of strategic and financial analysis such as ROI, discounted cash flow and sensitivity analysis to evaluate decisions and business impact from alternative courses of action.
- Prepare and evaluate financial performance with regard to the strategic plan, operational goals, budgets, and forecasts. Provide insight and recommendations to both short-term and long-term profit and growth initiatives.
- Evaluate departments/businesses' existing processes and make suggestions for automating processes to increase working efficiency.
- Serve as an expert advisor to organizational leaders through interpretation of complex financial information to assist in organizational decision-making. Identify, develop, and execute analysis of business initiatives, product launches and/or new service offerings.
- Identify, develop and implement key financial performance indicators, including rolling forecasts, new productivity metrics and measurements, and product performance and distribution effectiveness measures.
- Provide support for M&A initiatives including pre-deal diligence and post-deal integration. Develop competitive benchmarks.
- Deliver important messaging to senior management and the board of directors through presentations and other media.
- Recruit, interview, hire and retain finance staff as required.
- Manage effective relationships and two-way communication channels with business stakeholders, senior management and team members.
- Manage, mentor, and inspire team members.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- 10+ years finance experience, primarily leading and supporting capital decisions and strategy within a financial institution.
- Proven problem-solving and analytical skills coupled with a rigorous decision-making process.
- Ability to initiate projects and provide project management discipline.
- Ability to conduct deep analyses and proactively identify trends and patterns in the results and work in partnership with BU leaders to understand those insights.
- Must be nimble and comfortable with a changing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic environment balancing multiple projects and effectively managing change.
- A business driver who "raises the bar" and provides the tools necessary for the finance team to achieve the next level of success.
- A thought leader and a risk taker who is willing to challenge conventional wisdom to achieve success.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in attracting, developing and mentoring and driving a high performing team.
- Excellent analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, manage and monitor economic indicators of the business and translate into the business to stay ahead of the competition.
- Earn the respect of peers, subordinates, and superiors for his/her integrity, ethics, and ability to set a standard in leadership.
- Bachelor Degree required, major in Accounting, Finance, or Economics preferred.
- MBA from top business school preferred. CPA or CFA is a plus.
REQUIRED JOB SKILLS:
- Proven ability to demonstrate nimble, innovative thinking and implementation of industry best practices.
- High level of proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint and other Microsoft Office suite of products; Experience with SNL Financial, Capital IQ, Bloomberg, Igloo and Tableau.
- ZR -GD -IN -PT