Nursing Home Billing Manager
Allaire Health Services, a skilled nursing home group in Lakewood, NJ is hiring for an AR Account Manager.
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE - Healthcare Experience a Must!
Responsible for all facets of medical billing and accounts receivable management in a Healthcare Facility.
Knowledge of skilled nursing home payor types, such as; Medicare Part A, Managed Medicare and Medicaid billing a must. Preferred knowledge of SOS software with skilled nursing billing and posting system.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge of basic medical terminology, insurance terminology and diagnosis codes.
- Knowledge to operate computer, printer, photocopier, fax machine and calculator equipment.
- Knowledge of current changes in coding requirements from Medicare, Medicaid and other third party payers.
- Responsible for timely month end patient billing by working with computerized skilled nursing home A/R SOS system. This entails entering accurate and correct census days, payor types, various ancillaries, and coordinating with our clinical team for any additional information required for prompt billing.
- Prepares and maintains daily census in excel and verifies with nursing EMR records.
- Familiar with re-billing patients due to payor status changes.
- Complete understanding of Explanation of Benefit statements.
- Files Insurance appeals for denials in a timely fashion.
- Responsible for collections and communicating to the Controller any outstanding accounts.
- Answering routine inquires related to patient account balances and assist with good customer service between families and new admissions.