- Ability to oversee risk management and control management to maximize operations' effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance.
- Designs, implements and evaluates internal audits to assist the finance department in evaluating the adequacy of internal controls to safeguard UHC's assets.
- Plans, evaluates and performs internal audits to prevent, detect, and mitigate fraud using strong understanding of audit concepts, practices, and procedures and exhibits and reliance on significant experience and judgment to accomplish individual audit goals.
- Ability to consistently and accurately manipulate large amount of data and to compile detailed, clear reports.
- Performs testing, documents processes and systems, and prepares reports to ensure successful completion of major audit assignments to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Communicating, or assisting in communicating, the results of audit and consulting engagements via written reports and oral presentations.
- Determine and recommend improvements in current risk management controls and related documentation.
- Provide external audit support.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and liaison for internal audits.
- Regularly research and utilize outside resources to maintain and update knowledge of healthcare and audit issues.
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or a related field.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred.
- Possess a valid Driver's license.
- Minimum of three (3) years of auditing experience.
- Strong sense of commitment to compliance with all audit scope.
- Ability to accurately manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed, clear reports.
- Proven experience in performing financial, compliance, and operational audits.
- Demonstrated knowledge of business ethics and internal audit standards, concepts and techniques, risk assessment and internal audit control frameworks.
- Excellent understanding of general ledge and financial statements
- Knowledge of research techniques sufficient to collect and interpret data, descriptive statistics to analyze statistical data and prepare estimates.
- Team player and customer-service oriented.
- Intermediate to Advanced computer skills. Proficient with MS Office suite, specifically Excel and Word. Proficient with email.
- Excellent written skills including the ability to document processes and prepare audit findings.
- Strong communication skills
- Positive professional insight.
- Flexibility and dependability.
- Demonstrated good problem-solving skills; sound judgment.
- High degree of aptitude regarding attention to detail and excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to follow-through on work tasks.
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.