HR and Payroll Manager
- Processes multi-state payroll and ensures that everything is completed on time and accurately.
- Processes invoices and pays vendors either through same day wire, ACH or physical check.
- Handles and processes all expense reimbursements.
- Acts as a liaison between payroll company and benefits companies to help answer questions or concerns from staff members.
- Handles all new hire onboarding including paperwork, payroll, benefits and 401k.
- Manages compliance with all appropriate federal and state laws including all reporting and periodic filing requirements.
- Sets up and maintains employee files and records.
- Handles all miscellaneous compliance and reporting duties
- Administers 401k plans including enrollment, contribution funding, employee match, beneficiary information, and distribution of appropriate notices.
- Management the enrollment of new employees in benefit plans alongside our insurance administrator.
- Prepares separation packets, including final paperwork, checks, and COBRA information.
- Process all FMLA and other disability leave requests, including education to the employee, compliance paperwork and government filing.
- File room maintenance as required
- Minimum of three years of Payroll and Human Resources experience
- Prior experience with Paychex
- Thorough knowledge of Federal and State requirements to ensure the company is always in compliance.
- Knowledgeable of vendor laws to ensure compliance with State and Federal requirements.
- Friendly and easygoing with the ability to work well in a small office environment
- Proficient on Excel, Word, Google Sheets and Google Docs.