Payroll & Benefits Specialist
Arise is seeking a Payroll & Benefits Administrator, to be a valuable member of the Arise Human Resources team, responsible for leading and owning several key processes. These essential processes include Payroll & HRIS Administration, Benefits Administration, and a very important touchpoints in the Employee Lifecycle. In the Arise HR team, you will have the opportunity to not only manage important processes but innovate new ways of doing things and make an impact every day.
Payroll & HRIS Administration:
- Responsible for accurately and effectively processing of payroll for four countries; United States, United Kingdom, Canada and Ireland.
- Effectively manage processing of employee data through our HRIS, ADP Workforce Now.
- Keep records of benefits plans participation such as insurance and pension plan, personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, termination, and employee statistics for government reporting and audits.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of client, company, and personnel information.
- Run, distribute, and analyze reports for HR, Accounting, and other teams as needed.
- Track, process and document all employee changes in HRIS.
- Implement and maintain payroll best practices to improve efficiency under the leadership of the Sr. HR Generalist to improve payroll and HRIS processes.
- Responsible for accurately and effectively administering benefits on the Enterprise level to include (but not limited to):
- Plan and administer annual Open Enrollment period. This includes preparation and distribution of materials, conducting meetings to communicate changes to employees, arranging for on-site representation by providers, and processing changes within deadlines.
- Owns New Employee / Life Change Event / Termination Changes and Enrollments
- Owns preparation of annual DOL filings
- Coordinate benefit issues on behalf of employees with providers and/or Broker.
- Maintain contact with health insurance providers; distributes benefit information to employees and notifies employees of changes to the benefits program.
- Reconcile invoices monthly and coordinate payments with the Accounting team.
- Retirement 401(k) plan administration.
- Fulfill all governmental regulatory mandates and ensures filings are performed as required.
- Plan, conducts and report results of audits to ensure all enrollments are accurate and that dependent information is correct for each employee and works closely with Accounting for monthly, quarterly and year end reconciliations and audits.
- Administer the companys Tuition Reimbursement program.
- Maintains accurate electronic personnel files on current and former employees and enforce Arise personnel policies on confidentiality and access to files.
- Develop knowledge of company policies & procedures to effectively communicate guidelines when responding to daily employee inquiries.
- Prepare employee exit documents and provide last day details.
- Assist with company events led and facilitated by the Human Resources Team.
- Carries out duties of conducting employee recognition activities.
- Create All Staff communications on a variety of benefits and employee cycles information.
- At least 3+ years of experience administering payroll, HRIS and benefits processes required. Work experience should include knowledge of basic Human Resources, payroll practices, benefits administration, and compliance or other related experience.
- Must have strong knowledge of a variety of computer software applications including payroll, benefits, time & attendance and HRIS and self-service systems. Experience with ADP a plus.Bachelors degree or relevant years of experience; CEBS, CPP and/or PHR/SHRM-CP certification preferred.
- General knowledge of employment laws and practices, i.e. Title VII, COBRA, HIPPA, ERISA
- Demonstrates exceptional analytical skills and ability to create useful and actionable reports from data.
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills.
- Demonstrated experience in innovating and reinventing processes leveraging technology.
- Possess strong organization skills and ability to complete multiple varied tasks throughout the day and a high volume of work on tight/strict deadlines.
- Must have strength in managing multiple priorities/projects and must be exceptionally detail oriented.
- Be able to rapidly adapt to our business requirements.
- Candidate must be able to perform under pressure with minimal errors.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to create communications as necessary.
- Possess a creative outlook with a problem-solving attitude.
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Have white glove, customer service mentality.
- Flexibility to take on other duties as assigned.
- Remote through COVID-19 and on-site in Miramar, FL upon required.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits which include:
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Flex Spending Benefits through Cigna
- 401k, Retirement (40% match)
- Generous PTO and Holiday Plan! We also offer Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- Tuition Reimbursement ($4K/yr)
- Great Place to Work - Sun Sentinel 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
- Empowerment Squad Activities - Philanthropy/Volunteering, Team Challenges, Fun Events!
When smart creative and passionate people get together, the results are astounding and the opportunities limitless.
Achieve your potential at Arise.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.