Credit Analyst (Capital Markets) - Analyst
SMBC Nikko Securities America, Inc. is a member of the Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group (SMFG), one of the world's largest global financial institutions. Based in New York City, we provide financial products and services to global institutional clients, focusing on especially North America and Latin America. We engage in the following business lines with institutional clientsJapan Equities, U.S. Equities, Fixed Income Sales & Trading, Equity Capital Markets, Debt Capital Markets, Investment Banking, Structured Finance.
Reporting to our Capital Markets Credit Group Head, you will work on the internal credit applications, provide guidance on specific transactions and counterparty credit-related matters. The role will also focus on credit limit requests and renewals, plus credit risk analysis of new businesses for supporting the Front Office. The role will also work closely with our SMBC Nikko Americas business.
We are looking to hire a Credit Analyst at the Analyst-level (full-time position).
- Support Credit Specialists to prepare credit applications for new counterparty credit limits and for the renewal of existing limits
- Support Credit Specialists to conduct credit analysis of financial institutions and prepares periodic grading reviews
- Undertake other credit control tasks and projects as required
- Work closely with Sales & Marketing / Traders / Tokyo Head Office - Credit Department
- Ideally 3-7 years of work experience with credit applications, especially in the derivatives and securities business
- Experienced in analyzing the credit quality of financial institutions
- Strong knowledge of capital markets, derivatives, securities businesses and financial products
- Strong knowledge of credit and risk principles including financial statement analysis and accounting
- Strong combination of academic aptitude, quantitative skills, and strategic and creative thinking
- Solid organizational skills; ability to manage multiple complex tasks while delivering high quality and timely results.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Strong communication skills.