Controller/Chief Financial Officer
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee financial management; general accounting and control; reporting and treasury activities; and billing & collection functions in a fully compliant, high integrity manner.
- Oversee and review all month-end closing activities including general ledger maintenance, journal entries review, and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Produce timely financial reports (balance sheet, income statement, cash flow) as requested by the CEO, Board of Directors, and other interested parties.
- Manage, direct and oversee all financial and business planning activities, including financial plans, business policies and accounting practices, and financial reporting and analysis.
- Drive the annual budget/business plan process and monitor that costs are in alignment with companys strategic plan.Prepare periodic forward-looking business forecasts and financial models that provide insight to the companys operations, cash flow, and financial position.
- Maintain regular financial planning reports, prepare cash flow forecasts, and develop and maintain capital budget.
- Develop long-term financial plans and strategies, create and help present Board presentations and recommend ongoing improvements across the Company.
- Ensure that the appropriate performance measures are in place to capture and analyze financial information about the operations of the Company and generate relevant reports for all levels of Company management.
- Assist in corporate development activities, including acquisitions.Lead due diligence processes, assist private equity owner with financing for potential transactions and manage post-acquisition integration.
- Manage key external financial relationships, including those with auditors, lenders, investment bankers and state and federal regulators, as applicable.
- Develop/enhance, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the organization.
- Assist in obtaining the necessary licenses and insurance required for the business.
- Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate department staff.Cultivate and mentor internal talent within Company.
Bachelors degree in accounting, finance or business administration required
CPA (Certified Public Accountant) is a plus
. 4 years of Public Accounting
10+ years of progressively responsible experience
Strong experience with multiple ERP systems as well as Excel
Flexible with a unique ability to assess things quickly and hit the ground running