- Performs all of the District's accounting and financial processes and ensures compliance with US GAAP, CTDOT and FTA policies and
- Protects financial integrity by establishing, monitoring and enforcing internal controls.
- Routinely monitors cash
- Collects, reviews and interprets financial data and provides regular reports to the General Manager and Board of
- Ensures compliance with Federal, State and Local legal requirements by researching existing and new legislation and guidance; consults with outside advisors as necessary and files all financial reports, including Federal NTD report and annual financial audit.
- Manages budget and monitors expenses regularly and promptly advises General Manager of any material variances.
- Manages Federal and State grant programs and reports as
- Keeps current on information technology affecting the District's financial system to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
- Minimum possession of Bachelor's Degree in relevant field, or substitute five (5) years' work experience in associated field(s).
- Computer literate and familiarity with MS Office and Sage
- Prior experience with public transit and/or governmental accounting functions
- Requires strong communication skills, both verbal and written, organizational skills, both analytical and problem solving, and the ability to work with confidential
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks and achieve deadlines under pressure