Excellent benefits, Medical, Dental, Vision and CalPERS retirement- generous sick and vacation time.
Salary: $2,535.20 - $3,397.60 bi-weekly
General Statement of Duties: Under the general direction of the Chief Financial Officer, this position works to improve the operational and financial effectiveness of the organization.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Most duties are performed in the office and out in the community.
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to travel locally and out of town regularly.
- The ability to sit at a workstation for long periods of time.
- Frequent standing, walking bending, reaching, lifting throughout offices, service provider facilities and other agencies.
- Adequate manual dexterity and coordination to operate standard office equipment (i.e. computer, telephone, fax machine, etc.)
- The ability to read, write and comprehend large amounts of written material such as reports and regulations, use the telephone, and communicate via electronic mail is required daily.
- Excellent oral and written skills are essential.
Key Responsibilities Essential Functions
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of and adheres to organization policies and procedures.
- Develops, recommends, and documents written policies, standards, procedures, and metrics in support of the organizations goals.
- Interprets and analyzes financial and statistical data.
- Prepares internal control analyses and makes recommendations to improve internal control.
- Prepares trend reports and develops forecasts.
- Assists the Fiscal Manager-POS to maintain the encumbrance file including research and removal of items that should be disencumbered according to proper accounting procedures.
- Assists with development of new proposals including budget preparations, project specifications, and estimates of capital investment requirements.
- Prepares monthly and annual PEP report for submission to DDS.
- Prepares surveys and completes special analytical projects.
- Responds to special DDS requests for statistical or financial information.
- Keeps immediate supervisor well-informed of activities, results of efforts, and problems identified.
- Respects confidentiality in discussing consumer, staff, volunteers and fiscal matters.
- Becomes thoroughly knowledgeable, interprets and implements regulations and guidelines of federal and state governments as they relate to the regional center fiscal operations.
- Assists in the implementation of technology initiatives necessary to achieve organizational goals.
- Other job-related duties as assigned
Minimum Position Requirements: Bachelors Degree in business administration preferably in accounting and at least one-year accounting experience. Considerable experience with PC applications, spreadsheets and databases required. Knowledge of accounting terminologies, practices, and procedures; ability to work effectively with others; knowledge of office methods, procedures and equipment as they relate to financial record keeping; ability to prepare accurate and timely statistical summaries and reports; ability to locate, classify and interpret a heavy volume of complex financial and statistical information; ability to make calculations rapidly and accurately; and the ability to learn procedures of computerized accounting systems necessary. Excellent oral and written skills are required.