Person Memorial Hospital
The Practice Manager is responsible for the successful management and operations of physician practices to include one or more specialty disciplines or sites. He/she oversees daily operations to ensure alignment with organizational goals and objectives.
- Assists with developing specific departmental goals, standards, and objectives which directly support the strategic plan and vision of the organization.
- Manages staff relations including performance management, staff satisfaction, and conflict management. Performs and oversees scheduling, staff development, recruitment, payroll, and student engagements.
- Monitors departmental budgets, regulatory compliance, departmental contracts, and vendor relations. Determines and justifies needs for systems/equipment/supplies purchases, monitors usage, and oversees proper working order and/or stock supplies.
- Creates and fosters an environment that encourages professional growth.
- Ensures department stays focused on their important role in the continuum of care.
- Supervises the day to day operations of Physician Services Offices under the general direction of the Director of Physician Services.
- Builds strong positive communication with physicians, Practice Manager and works as a team to enhance the success of the practices.
- Develops strong inter-department teamwork to meet the needs of the patients and physicians and drive decision-making and other actions.
- Identifies and implements opportunities to build employee morale and individual motivation.
- Collaborates with Human Resources to ensure consistency in labor and employee relations.
- Selects and hires employees according to established guidelines. Monitors, coaches, develops and evaluates staff performance on an ongoing basis.
- Plans, evaluates, recommends and implements new initiatives when appropriate.
- Coordinates orientation of all new staff including orientation, information system, competency checklists, class coordination, etc.
- Responsible for assuring customer/patient service needs are met. Monitors patient service feedback and contributes to the process of resolving complaints and service issues.
- Assists with performance appraisals and competencies (initially and annually) and identifies behavior/performance issues and clinical/knowledge deficiencies for each employee.
- Coaches/counsels employees with performance or behavioral problems.
- Assigns and checks work results for quality, accuracy and timeliness, and performs/documents audits.
- Provide ongoing orientation and training to staff of departmental policies and procedures.
- Investigates complaints, errors, operational or equipment problems, and takes corrective action.
- Ensures staff comply with hospital and departmental policies, providing timely notification, interpretation and instruction, and as appropriate, recommending and applying disciplinary action as needed.
- Consistently and creatively rewards/recognizes the achievements and accomplishments.
- Analyzes and staffs front and back office staff to meet the needs of health care professionals and patients efficiently.
- Modifies schedules to reflect changing patient census.
- Assist with developing clinic and department goals to be incorporated into the Strategic Plan.
- Completes weekly rounding on clinics and reports back any concerns from staff or physicians.
- Prepares practice budget with Market Director.
- Ensures practice meets budget for volume, revenue, and expenses.
Minimum EducationHigh school diploma is required.
Bachelors Degree in Healthcare, Practice Management, Finance, Business or relevant field preferred.
Required SkillsRequires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.Minimum 2 years management experience in a healthcare setting.Proficient with Microsoft Office SuiteMust be able to meet deadlines, possess good organizational skills, problem solve, and have sound judgement.Knowledgeable about regulations, policies and procedures.Ability to communicate effectively and develop positive relationships with medical and administrative staff, patients and the community.
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.