Financial Analyst IV
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Financial Analyst to join our Overhead Services group within Financial Services at General Atomics Aeronautical Systems located in Poway, Ca. This position, under limited direction is responsible for developing and monitoring functional budgets, analyzing indirect rate variances, supporting forward pricing and indicated updates, and assisting management in the timely response of DCAA audit questions. This person must be able to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment, with the capacity to provide ad hoc reporting and analysis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates inputs from departmental and indirect function leads to develop annual budgets and forecasts.
- Develops financial models for forecasting, trending and results analyses.
- Prepares monthly analysis of rate performance, including expense and base information on a year over year, year to date and full year basis.
- Provides variance reporting and analysis to senior management.
- Responds to inquiries, identifies issues, and develops solutions to complex and diverse challenges concerning a variety financial data, some of which contain confidential and sensitive information requiring tact and discretion in handling.
- Conducts ad hoc cost structure and rate analysis as necessary, including cost accounting change impacts.
- Works with finance staff to identify and correct issues; recommends improvements to current forecasting / budgeting processes.
- Develops, analyzes and maintains metric reporting for various operations.
- Streamlines processes to reduce time dedicated to collecting and analyzing data.
- Interfaces with DCAA and external auditors on a variety of audit inquiries.
- Prepares a variety of actual vs. budget reports for profit and cost center managers including financial and variance analyses and recommendations for corrective action(s) and specifies new reports for production from SAP.
- Exercises judgment within generally defined precedents and policies to ensure that financial planning and cost control activities meet overall objectives.
- Develops balance sheets and cash generated (used) schedules; capital program and expenditure budgets; as well as base analyses for assigned profit centers.
- Assists in establishing profit center revenue, cost of sales, gross margin, discretionary spending through profit (loss) and cost center cost, base, and rate budgets. Forecasts for one or more calendar years.
- Performs special economic evaluations, business and cost impact analyses, and cash forecasting.
- Reviews labor and procurement requisition charging to network activities and cost centers and works closely with accounting on proper company costing practices and internal controls.
- Provides direction to support staff and less experienced professional staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.