LIVE your passion through a culture that actively supports community involvement and embraces a "whole person" company benefits philosophy including a compensation package designed for your total well-being.
CREATE our future by empowering organizations of all sizes to monitor, measure, and understand information in order to improve effectiveness. For more than four decades, we have been recognized as the trusted source for reliable data capture, assessment, and analysis.
We are the iconic brand in assessment and technology services. We are Scantron professionals.
Scantron is a global, diversified company that provides market leading assessment capabilities and technology services to help learners, educators, business owners, and professionals around the world achieve their goals. We empower organizations of all sizes to monitor, measure, and understand information in order to improve effectiveness. For more than four decades, the Scantron brand has been recognized as the trusted source for assessments, analytics, technology services, managed print, and data capture solutions. Scantron is headquartered in Eagan, MN, with offices in Omaha, NE, Columbia, PA, and in the Research Triangle of NC. www.Scantron.com
- Take charge of your future with our generous 401K savings plan with company match, which is vested from day one.
- Participate in our company wide well-being program that also serves to lower your annual health insurance premiums.
- Explore new education opportunities with our Tuition Reimbursement Plan which covers up to $5,250.
- We offer work-life flexibility, meeting personal obligations along with professional success.
We are looking for a tax accounting expert to manage and facilitate Scantrons tax needs. The ideal candidate is a team player who manages the tax process to greater performance, creates and implements tax plans, and works with the accounting and leadership teams to identify opportunities for process improvement and potential areas of risk. The ideal candidate is single minded in their pursuit of ensuring compliance and achieves this goal through optimizing reporting procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain property tax database
- Prepare property taxes filings
- Review assessment and process property tax payments
- Gather Apportionment Data
- Process and payment estimated payments
- Coordinate and support tax audits and work with external accounting firm during annual audit
- Prepares quarterly estimates
- Assist in monthly, quarterly and annual reporting as needed
- Prepare Journal entries to support activities in property tax, income tax and sale/use tax accounts
- Prepare reconciliation of property tax, income tax and sale/use tax accounts
- Support unclaimed property accounting
- Process exemption request/ Happy Fox
- Assist in payroll filing
- Coordinate and support transfer pricing study
- Prepares information and file property taxes
- Stay abreast of tax issues with recommended actions through networking, research, technology and training
- Performs 1099 DIV, INT and B preparation with WSC software
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelors Degree required; emphasis on Accounting or Finance preferred
- CPA License
- 5-7 years of relevant tax and accounting experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (especially Word and Excel) and relevant tax systems including happy fix (a plus)
- comfortable with multi-tasking and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong interest in, and ability to, interact with clients
- Self-directed and critical thinker
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must possess a high degree of integrity and ability to keep sensitive information confidential
- Temporarily due to COVID-19