The Financial Analyst will provide financial and analytical support services, which will include preparing proposals/opinions of value, data input, underwriting property values, performing market research, both in and outside the office in order to evaluate real estate, analyzing comparable properties and sales trends and preparing financial analysis for presentation to clients. Professionalism and attention to detail are musts.
The Financial Analyst will be a resourceful contributor to the team who can operate in a fast paced, stressful environment, take direction, and multi-task under tight deadlines. Consistently projecting a friendly and professional demeanor, the Financial Analyst will be responsible for the preparation and analysis of all properties for two Senior Agents on a top multi-family brokerage team.
Duties will include:
- Gather and research sales and rent comparables
- Track market trends such as rental growth and development
- Prepare marketing and promotional materials
- Prepare marketing proposals and meeting presentation materials
- Prepare financial models for commercial real estate valuation
- Review financial statements and operating information
- Respond to requests for property information
- Database Management
- Bachelor's degree, or higher
- Financial analysis and underwriting
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented
- Works well under deadlines
- Creative self-starter
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, with expertise in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Adobe InDesign knowledge a plus
- Ability to handle sensitive material and maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Have a team-player attitude
Our mission is to help our clients create and preserve wealth by providing the best real estate investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services available.
Founded in 1971, Marcus & Millichap (NYSE: MMI) is a leading commercial real estate brokerage firm focusing exclusively on investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services, with nearly 2,100 investment sales and financing professionals in 80+ offices throughout the United States and Canada.
Marcus & Millichap closes 4.5 transactions every business hour - more than any other real estate investment brokerage firm in the nation. In 2020, the firm closed 8,954 transactions with a sales volume of approximately $43.4 billion.
The firm has perfected a powerful property marketing system that integrates broker specialization by property type and market area; the industry's most comprehensive investment research; a long-standing culture of information sharing; relationships with the largest pool of qualified investors; and state-of-the-art technology that matches buyers and sellers.
Marcus & Millichap provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without discrimination with regard to race, religious belief (including dress or grooming practices), color, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions (including breast feeding), age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identification and expression, transgender status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, genetic information, family care, marital status, enrollment in any public assistance program, status as military, a veteran or qualified disabled veteran, status as an unpaid intern or volunteer, or any other classification protected by law. We also prohibit discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. In addition to federal law requirements, Marcus & Millichap complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.