Intech - Finance Associate (20100)
DEPARTMENT: Finance DATE: 08/2020
FLSA: Non-Exempt LOCATION: West Palm Beach, FL
Support finance and accounting functions, including financial and management reporting, financial analysis, month-end general ledger close, client invoicing, vendor invoice processing, process documentation, and audits.
Provide financial reporting and accounting support covering:
- Preparation and completion of month-end journal entries, monthly accounting schedules and analyses
- Preparation of monthly reconciliations and documentation of monthly accounting controls performed
- Preparation of financial reports and analysis
- Budget monitoring and preparation of related reports
- Client invoicing and monitoring of receivables
- Vendor invoice processing and monitoring of payments
- Coordination with other departments to address client reporting requirements
- Documentation and review of departmental policies, procedures, and systems in an effort to improve efficiency
- Audits of Intech or Janus Henderson financial statements
OTHER FUNCTIONS: Assumes additional duties as requested or assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None at this time
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to accumulate, organize, and assimilate large amounts of information
- Advanced computer skills including Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent attention to detail and technical accuracy
- Experience with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Knowledge of accounting and financial information systems
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- 2 to 3 years accounting experience required
- 2 to 3 years relevant professional experience in financial, mutual funds, or other investment related industry preferred
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management/Accounting/Finance or equivalent required
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
- Overtime may be required on short notice and may include evening, weekend, holiday hours
- Typical office environment with PC, telephone, copier, financial accounting systems.
Janus Henderson (including its subsidiaries) will not maintain existing or sponsor new industry registrations or licenses where not supported by an employee's job functions (as determined by Janus Henderson at its sole discretion).
All applicants must be willing to comply with the provisions of Janus Henderson Investment Advisory Code of Ethics related to personal securities activities and other disclosure and certification requirements, including past political contributions and political activities. Applicants' past political contributions or activity may impact applicants' eligibility for this position. Janus Henderson is an equal opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. All applications are subject to background checks.