We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced and motivated
Tax Manager to join our Albany, NY office.
UHY Advisors, Inc. is one of the leading professional services firms in the US. UHY LLP, certified public accountants, and UHY Advisors, Inc. work together in an alternative practice structure, to provide comprehensive audit, tax, advisory and related services to clients in a wide range of industries. We serve companies ranging from mid-sized to the Fortune 500, throughout the United States and around the globe. We have offices across the US and, as a founder and independent member of UHY International, we have access to international resources in nearly 320 business centers and in excess of 92 countries.
Our firm's commitment to client service is personable, value-added and cost-effective. Our goal is to exceed your expectations on every engagement. We share our clients' vision to improve profitability, enhance growth, avoid financial pitfalls, minimize taxes and preserve wealth. It's a philosophy we call "The Next Level of Service".
While government, higher education and not-for-profits have been the Tax team's mainstays, family-held businesses, manufacturers, service providers and many other sectors comprise the backbone of our industry capabilities in the area.
The Tax Manager will review business and individual tax. The individual will also be involved in supporting staff in advising prominent clients on the day to day operation of their business, as well as tax planning, tax research and tax preparation.
- Lead and manage multiple tax engagements
- Review tax returns including, Partnerships, Corporations, Individuals and Nonprofit
- Review tax work from staff and provide feedback, training, and mentoring
- Follow the progress of the work in relation to budgeted time and scheduled date of completion
- Demonstrate thorough complex tax technical knowledge necessary for advising clients, recognizing and resolving technical issues
- Facilitating complex tax research, and establishing tax strategies to client business opportunities
- Build and maintain lasting relationships with clients
- Develop, motivate, and train staff - act as a mentor and a role model
- Continue learning, keeping up with tax changes and developing an area of expertise
- Participate in firm's marketing, recruiting, team-building, and similar efforts
- Develop outside relationships with a goal of generating referral sources
- Adhere to firm's policies and procedures
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain complex tax issues in plain language
- Attention to detail and dedication to quality
- Strong project management, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Strong leadership, training, mentoring and staff development skills
- Time management, multitasking, and ability to maintain poise and professionalism during stressful periods
- Dependability, integrity, and trustworthiness combined with a team mentality
- Compensation competitively on the role, credentials, and experience
- Discretionary annual bonus plan
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Continuous learning opportunities and CPE classes
- Great prospects for career advancement
- Exposure to a wide variety of clients
- Work/life balance
- Amazing family-like culture of a small office with the benefits of a large firm
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 5-8 years in relevant position
- Must maintain required CPE credits annually