Under the direction of the CFO, the Finance Manager oversees the daily operations of the Finance department, including developing, implementing, and maintaining accurate fiscal reports as required; preparing annual budgets and P & L reports; preparing the financials for the Board of Directors and may sit on the Financial Committee of the Board. In this critical role you will be responsible for the following key tasks:
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides technical accounting support in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Practices (GAAP) to properly record all financial transactions of various financial regulatory reporting requirements to include FSR, UDS and OSHPD reports.
- Prepares monthly journal entries based on the accrual method of accounting in accordance with FQHC guidelines and GAAP.
- Ensures timely monthly, quarterly and annually reports to all funding agencies including HRSA.
- Evaluate and maintain programs for internal audit control, financial reports and records, general ledgers, journals and claims reports; schedules annual audit and implements auditors recommendations.
- Prepares audit PPC List and works with auditor to complete the annual financial audit.
- Oversees patient financial and billing services.
- Ensures all balance sheet accounts are reconciled monthly.
- Oversees payroll processing and reviews daily accounting activities including cash receipt posting, depositing, and A/P disbursement and grant billing.
- Oversees procumbent and ensures all supplies are delivered timely to all clinics.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS/BA in Finance or Accounting required
- Five (5) years of experience in the accounting field with a minimum of 3 years at a supervisory level.
- Experience completing monthly, quarterly and annual reports to funding agencies such as HRSA.
- Experience in FQHC and/or Non-Profit business office is an asset for this role and highly preferred.
- Experience working with Financial Edge accounting software highly preferred
- Experience working in a clinic/healthcare/hospital setting
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of current GAAP principles, practices, procedures, and terminology used in accounting and financial record keeping.
- Knowledge of standards and regulations pertaining to non-profit and cost accounting financial record keeping a plus!
- Computer knowledge with spreadsheets and experience using Financial Edge software.
- Experience supervising billing or data entry employees.
- Strong communication and writing skills
- The ability to establish and maintain the Organizations accounting and record keeping systems. Be free to travel and to attend evening meetings when required.
- Ability to perform tasks related to physical activity to include sitting, standing, bending, and lifting up to 25 lbs.
- High standard of professionalism in speech, manner, and dress required.
Community Health Systems, Inc (CHSI) is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) and Non-Profit 501 (C)(3), operating six community health centers in the tri-county area of: San Bernardino, Riverside, and San Diego.
CHSI focuses on providing high quality and compassionate medical, dental, womens health, behavioral health, and vision care services to those who are under-served, uninsured, or under-insured.
Community Health Systems, Inc. is a non-profit 501 (c) (3) 330 HRSA Grantee with Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) status. Established from the roots of Bloomington Community Health Center in Bloomington, CHSI has grown with community health centers in the counties of Riverside, San Bernardino, and San Diego. These centers have been developed in accordance with standards established for safety net providers by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), the Health Resources Services Administration (HRSA), the Public Health Service (PHS), and the Bureau of Primary Health Care (BPHC). The mission of CHSI is not to compete with other clinics that provide healthcare services, but to serve the indigent population and meet their healthcare needs.