Financial Diligence Manager
The marketplace is evolving. Customer and employee expectations are changing. What worked yesterday may not work as well tomorrow. Grant Thornton's Advisory professionals help companies stay ahead of the game with bold thinking, big ideas and progressive strategies.
Our Advisory teams apply their deep experience and global footprint to challenge the status quo and develop custom strategies that work for you. With a focus on pragmatism, our outside-in, customer-led approach facilitates the agility and innovation necessary to be a future-ready organization. Our services support you wherever you are in your business cycle - whether you're looking at a transaction to propel your company forward, focusing on developing and implementing the right controls to mitigate risk, or advancing your company's finance and technology infrastructure to match your aspirations.
Financial Diligence Manager
Grant Thornton's Advisory professionals are progressive thinkers who create, protect, transform value today, so our clients have the opportunity to thrive and grow. Our advisory practice creates holistic solutions delivered by innovative, curious professionals who bring technical depth and industry insight to our clients.
The Financial Diligence Manager is responsible for overseeing all phases of project and engagement management for multiple clients in a wide variety of industries. Responsibilities include planning, directing, and completing projects and services in financial due diligence and developing and managing staff. The Financial Diligence Manager works closely with partners and staff and plays a key role in client management, practice development, and business development for an assigned group of clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage Transactions Services (TS) engagements throughout the transaction process, and coordinate the work performed by multiple service lines and cross-functional teams.
- Plan, execute, direct and complete financial due diligence for financial and corporate strategic buyers from a variety of industries, including manufacturing and distribution, non-profit, high-tech, real estate, and financial services.
- Manage client expectations concerning project deliverables and deadlines and lead change efforts effectively.
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships and cross-sell services.
- Team with partners and senior managers on proposals and business development calls.
- Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization).
- Communicate (verbally and in writing) externally with clients and internally with all levels of the organization to successfully accomplish objectives portraying knowledge and confidence
- Recruit, manage, mentor, and train senior associates and associates.
- Assess performance of senior associates and associates for engagement and year-end reviews.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- Six to 10 years of related work experience in a similar consulting practice or function servicing cross-industry clients at a national level.
- CPA, CAMS, CRCM, ACFCS, CISA, CISSP, CIA, CISM or related license/certificaton are preferred.
- Solid experience in the following: accounting, audit or transaction advisory services.
- Strong current knowledge in US GAAP, GAAS, SEC Reporting, transaction advisory services or mergers and acquisitions.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and simultaneous projects in a rapidly growing practice.
- Strong leadership, business development, recruitment, training, and mentoring skills
- Excellent written, presentation, leadership, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Availability to work additional hours and/or travel as needed.
REWARDS AND BENEFITS
Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits please visit rewards and benefits.
It is Grant Thornton's policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
For Los Angeles Applicants only: We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.