Commercial Banking Assistant
IllinoisBank & Trustgrowing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"(c)
The Commercial Banking Assistant (CBA) II supports the Relationship Manager (RM) from the initial application processing through closing and booking the transaction, including renewals and modifications along with ongoing support for the client needs.
This includes being liaison between the RM, Credit and Loan Operations. Complete oversight and responsibility to drive alignment and communication among all internal team members. Additionally, to ensure that all deals successfully continue to move forward.
The successful CBA II anticipates and executes on all commercial team needs; while guiding, influencing and advising the Relationship Managers for full productivity. Our CBA II makes independent judgment decisions, takes full initiative without waiting for direction, exercises a high level of critical thinking skill and display a dominate presence to ensure each closing is successful.
- Manages the loan process and coordinates the ongoing activities of the Portfolio Manager and Commercial Banker in relation to successful origination.
- Drives the commercial loan process by interacting with loan customers using multiple communication strategies, acting on behalf of the Commercial Bankers, when appropriate and within scope of authority.
- Guides borrower to collect all required documentation (pre-and post-approval). Enters all loan data (structure, borrowers, collateral, pricing) into LOS System and is accountable for its accuracy.
- Images all necessary documents and creates placeholders in DocMan to build an electronic credit file (New with system).
- Oversees the process of compliance and customer verifications to include OFAC and Fraud. Is responsible for adhering to Reg B and flood regulations.
- Acquires individual and business credit bureaus from 3rd party vendor and provides documents to the Portfolio Manager for Underwriting.
- Analyzes all information and data requests from Credit and other business lines to secure all open items. Provides all relevant information to the Credit team and other business lines when requested. Reviews all information received from these teams and is responsible for the appropriate disposition.
- Requests and collects due diligence activities and third party reports (appraisals, environmentals, UCC, title work, articles of good standing, credit report, etc.) and provides them to the Commercial Banker and Portfolio Manager for review.
- Partners with Loan Operations to support pre-closing and closing activities including: collect loan documents from Doc Prep team, review for completeness, ensure accuracy and accountable for the confirmation of all closing logistics.
- Engages credit to complete updated financial spreads and other activities (when new financial statements are received from the client and uploaded into the appropriate system).
- Ensures funding of closed loans, processes income and expense fees per procedures.
- Obtains exception reports and partners with Commercial Bankers and Portfolio Managers to resolve all loan documentation issues to clear documentation exceptions within the appropriate timeframe.
- Oversees and processes paid off loans in accordance with bank procedures in a timely and error free manner.
- Monitors and acts on daily, weekly and monthly reports for maturing and delinquent loans. Ensures that the Deal Team has no administratively delinquent loans. Manage customer accounts by way of processing loan payments, disbursements, advances, and assisting in the monitoring of NSF activity.
- Reduces Not In Good Order (NIGO) errors and, as a member of the deal team, initiates any actions needed to improve the quality of the loan.
- Completes annual E-Learning Plan and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) training as assigned and keeps up-to-date knowledge of BSA as it relates to the job function.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School required
- Associates preferred
- Bachelors preferred
- 3-5 years of commercial banking support, previous proven Member Bank CBA I experience, or a recent college graduate with high potential for growth
- Knowledge and experience of Commercial lending and banking regulations, department operations, policies and procedures, preferred
- Knowledge of proper collateral documentation needed to obtain and perfect all types of collateral, preferred
- Knowledge of government and specialty lending programs, as well as participated loans, preferred
- Knowledge of required entity documentation for various business entities (Corporations, LLC's, Partnerships, etc.), preferred. Proficient computer skills, including Windows, Excel, Word, and Outlook. Ability to quickly become proficient in complex systems.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Effective time management skills with the ability to independently prioritize tasks.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
Scheduled Weekly Hours: