Audit Director/Partner (Newport Beach)
At MGO we do a lot more than crunch numbers and prepare filings. Our approach leverages input from throughout our organization - giving everyone a voice and an opportunity to make an impact.
Utilizing a state-of-the-art technology platform, we go beyond the numbers to provide invaluable financial and operational insight to a diverse array of dynamic clients - from enduring institutions to disruptive start-ups.
By delivering strategic guidance with a personal touch, we are reshaping ideas of what a CPA firm is capable of - and give our professionals the support to self-determine the path their career takes.
MGO is growing and we need an experienced, motivated and dedicated Assurance / Audit Director with a strong background in public accounting and to join the team. A career in our public assurance / audit sector will provide you with the opportunities to develop advanced technical auditing skills in a variety of industries.
This Assurance / Audit Director role will be partnering along side staff and firm leaders to direct all operational functions of their assigned department/engagement audit teams. As a Director level you will execute business line specific strategies for business development initiatives; coordinate and integrate activities with peers and/or other departments; and assume responsibility for profit and loss results. A Director has similar responsibilities as a Partner, but without ownership. This job class requires knowledge of advanced accounting principals and industry expertise and the ability to lead a variety of business and operational functions, maintain positive client and employee relations and produce high-quality results for the firm.
Some additional responsibilities and requirements for the Assurance / Audit Director:
This role will require travel, some overnight.
- Has overall responsibilities for the department's performance; manages and directs all aspects of the firm's policies, objectives, goals and initiatives through delegation, motivation and coordination of efforts with direct reports.
- Provides leadership to staff; ensures a competent, motivated staff through hiring, assignment, and training, supervising and reviewing performance of direct reports.
- Represents the firm to its customers and the general public. Attends client meetings and regularly scheduled staff/department meetings.
- Planning, budgeting and scheduling of engagement and/or client work.
- Responsible for client relations including attraction and retention.
- May perform General Services Professional duties
- May perform Professional Standards Review duties such as final report review of financial statements; work with engagement or client manager on accounting, auditing, or financial reporting matters; review schedules and work papers of corrected and uncorrected misstatements.
- Stand in for Partner, as assigned.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in public accounting, corporate accounting required with at least 3, but typically 4 +, years of experience as a Manager/Senior Manager.
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting OR Bachelor's Degree plus requisite accounting coursework.
- Hold an active and "in-good standing" CPA license from appropriate state.
- Strong and effective communication skills including the proven ability to make presentations and respond to inquiries from Partners, clients and public groups.
- CPA License (active/in good standing) from appropriate state
Why work for MGO?
MGO's professionals take a holistic, multi-disciplinary approach to accounting, financial and advisory services. Our teams collaborate across internal functions and service lines to build institutional knowledge, formulate insight, and deliver efficiencies that make a difference - not only in the marketplace, but in the lives of our clients and team members.
That's why we value characteristics like teamwork, communication, creativity, and leadership when building our teams.
We are growing fast and new opportunities emerge every day. If you're not afraid of pushing the status quo, MGO offers a supportive setting where you can take control of your career while still enjoying the mentorship to develop new skills in an environment where you thrive.
Want to learn more? Complete an application and so our team can reach out to you directly!