A successful Global Controller will:
- Ensure consistent application of ALG accounting policies and procedures across management companies
- Assist ALG Technical Accounting team with development of new policies for hotels and management companies (ie, Expedia VAT change in Mexico)
- Assist with internal and external audit cycle related to AMResorts (year end and quarterly)
- Main liaison between Corporate Accounting and AMResorts regions (Americas and Europe)
- Oversee AMResort Global consolidated monthly, quarterly and annual close processes, including the preparation of US GAAP, US currency consolidated financial statements.
- Prepare reporting and financial statements for external stakeholders
- Lead AMResorts BU planning, design and implementation of G/L and financial reporting applications, aligned to ALG strategy (SAP/AX/HFM/Hyperion Planning/FDM)
- Support AMResorts integration efforts across legal entities
- Partner with Regional Controllers to develop new hotel integration "tool kit"
- University degree (Bachelors) in business and/or accounting
- Masters degree preferred, including MBA or specialized Masters of Science in accounting, finance, legal, tax law
- Minimum 8-10 years experience required
- Travel/ Hospitality experience is preferred
- "Big 4" accounting firm experience and/or corporate experience is preferred
- The following certifications are preferred
- Self-starter with ability to lead project from start to end
- Experience presenting complex topics to senior executives (finance and non-finance)
- Estimated travel up to 25%, internationally to Mexico and Spain
About Apple Leisure Group
As North America's only vertically-integrated travel, hospitality and leisure management group, Apple Leisure Group is an industry innovator that combines the expertise of 14 leading brands. Our unique niche allows us the special opportunity to oversee every aspect of the travel experience, from the moment a guest books a trip to the time they return home. ALG consistently delivers exceptional value to travelers and strong performance to resort owners and partners by strategically leveraging the power of its portfolio of brands across five segments, comprising:
- Vacations: The largest seller of vacation packages and charter flights in the U.S. for travel to Mexico and the Caribbean, moving approximately 3.2 million passengers annually through well-established vacation brands
- Resort Brand Management: management of 5-star and 4-star luxury resorts through AMResorts award-winning brand portfolio
- Destination Management Services: Best-in-class destination management services provided by Amstar DMC and Worldstar
- Loyalty Program: Exclusive loyalty program Unlimited Vacation Club
- Technology Solutions: Innovative technology solutions provider Trisept Solutions, connecting over 88,000 travel agents with leading travel suppliers.
To learn more about the Apple Leisure Group advantage, visit appleleisuregroup.com.
At ALG, we call our employees Team Members, because we are more than just employees. We are united as a team, working toward a common mission and vision. Together, we are committed to live the core values by which we operate:
We Care We Are Authentic We Inspire Action We Do It Together We Own our Results
- We Are Hungry For More We do Everything With Passion
Benefits at a Glance
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefit package to our U.S. based employees:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Paid Parental Leave
- Corporate Wellness Program
- Travel Discounts & Deals
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free and tobacco-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks.