Controller - Outsourcing
We recognize that not everyone wants to grow their career paths in the same way. This is why we've created our Business Operations (BizOps) practice!
If you answer YES to these questions, then our BizOps practice could be a great fit for you!
- Do you have an accounting background but are bored of doing the same tasks each month for just one company?
- Do you crave variety in the type of work you do and the clients you serve?
- Do you like to travel to clients and thrive during face-to-face interactions?
- Do you want the stability and backing of a top 10 national firm?
CLA is looking to hire a Controller for our growing BizOps practice in Burlington, Quincy, or Boston, MA, serving clients in a variety of industries. Other office locations are available.
As a Controller you will:
- Act as the Controller for the designated clients you service.
- Take on the role of consultant and advisor to your clients on best practices for accounting and finance-related engagements.
- Provide project management expertise by managing multiple clients, work, and deadlines.
- Prepare and analyze client financial statements and make recommendations.
- Foster and build opportunities for our clients, communities, and people.
- Become an industry professional and attend industry-leading events and trainings.
- Maintain knowledge of the client's organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards.
Think you're a fit? This is what successful candidates for this role have:
- Eight years relative work experience as a Senior Accountant, Assistant Controller, Controller, or equivalent.
- A bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a related field.
- CPA certification preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks and Intacct preferred but not required.
- Prior project management and client management experience preferred but not required.
- Previous public accounting experience preferred but not required.
- Comfortable in fast paced environment, skilled in multitasking, and experience in multiple industries.
CLA exists to create opportunities for our people, our clients, and our communities. We are a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/