Tax Senior - Sterling Heights
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced and motivated Tax Senior to join our firm.
Our Tax Senior is newly in a position of advanced technical aptitude and supervisory responsibilities. A Senior must be able to handle more complex assignments than the staff, begin to learn the complete process of managing all tasks regarding client work, and take a lead role in developing/reviewing the work of less experienced staff. The Senior role is the bridge between the staff, who are executing the client-service related tasks, and the management, who are strategizing and overseeing successful completion of efficient engagement activity and top quality client service.
- Demonstrates knowledge of all technical aspects of the job, including related knowledge of necessary systems and procedures
- Handles more complex tasks and projects within discipline/ function
- Reviews work of less experienced staff and shares knowledge to develop staff technical skills
- Ensures top quality client service and oversees client service performance of staff
- Assists management in planning and managing engagement activity and follows through to achieve results
- Builds client relationships and maintains smooth working relationship
- Responds timely and accurately to internal team and client requests
- Seeks new ideas and better ways of accomplishing job and company goals
- Increasingly builds knowledge base of the Firm's industry lines and service offerings
- Solicits internal experts from which to learn and builds relationships
- Begins to develop referral sources, which may include involvement in community, social, business, and professional organizations, as well as Alumni functions
- Increasingly develops understanding of how to identify market opportunities; assists management in identify marketing and sales opportunities
- Participates in mentoring, training, recruiting, retention and team-building activities; effectively delegates, supervises, trains and mentors all staff
- Proactively seeks knowledge, new tasks and responsibilities
- Reviews & monitors staff time
- Maintains appropriate compliance with all firm wide and local office policies and procedures
- Promotes the most efficient operations of the Firm and supports compliance guidelines in managing others
- Compensation competitively on the role, credentials, and experience
- Discretionary annual bonus plan
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Continuous learning opportunities and CPE classes
- Great prospects for career advancement
- Exposure to a wide variety of clients
- Work/life balance
- Amazing family-like culture of a small office with the benefits of a large firm
- Minimum Bachelor's degree or equivalent technology experience
- Must have 150 credit hours to sit for the CPA if not already obtained
- 2-6 years in relevant position
- Public accounting or other professional services environment preferred
- Must progress professionally by obtaining relevant certification as soon as possible if certification is not already attained in order to advance.
- Must maintain required CPE credits annually
Legal / Compliance
- Must complete acknowledgement of Corporate Policy and Compliance Manual
- Must complete acknowledgement of Employee Manual document
- Must complete acknowledgement of Independence Guidelines and Ethical Standards document
- Governmental engagements require ability to obtain a security clearance from the United States government.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Company. Please inform the Company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Please provide complete information. An incomplete application may affect your consideration for employment.