CUSO Financial Services, L.P. is looking for a Controller to join our successful organization. Our company culture fosters and encourages innovation and growth by promoting openness, flexibility, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
This position will be responsible for leading the accounting team for the Financial Institutions ("FI") Group of Atria Wealth Solutions, Inc. ("AWSI"). The group includes CUSO Financial Services, L.P. ("CFS"), Sorrento Pacific Financial, LLC ("SPF") and CUSO Insurance and Technology Services, LLC.
Position duties include but not limited to:
- Responsible for maintaining accurate and timely books and records for the Financial Institutions Group within AWSI
Primary duties include:
- Oversee all FI accounting functions to ensure proper control environment
- Manage and enhance the FI accounting close processes to ensure monthly financial and other information requested by senior management is complete/accurate and provided timely
- Review and ensure accuracy of the general ledger, and cash management
- Maintain and enhance the financial systems, internal controls and accounting policies/procedures
- Manage CFS/SPF annual external audit process and deliverables and the support the AWSI audit
- Prepare annual CFS/SPF audited financial statements under U.S. GAAP
- Prepare CFS/SPF monthly FOCUS reports and other required FINRA/SEC reporting and ensure timely filings
- Assist in the accounting close processes for AWSI as needed
- Assist in preparing AWSI audited consolidated financial statements as needed.
- Manage tax services vendor for Financial Institutions Group
- Prepare/review department budgets, budget proposals and necessary supporting documentation
- Assist in annual financial surveys
- Assist in establishing intercompany services agreements
- Keep consistent office hours at the San Diego home office
- Support the AWSI organization's mission and values
- Other projects and duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from accredited four-year college or university; with 8+ years of related accounting and/or financial reporting experience in the financial services industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Active CPA license and/or graduate level accounting degree is strongly desired.
- Experience in FINRA/SEC regulatory reporting required.
- Series 27 license required or ability to obtain within 180 days of employment
- Experience in accounting financial reporting in a limited partnership preferred
- Experience dealing with multiple business entities required.
- Experience with multi-state employees for tax and payroll issues preferred.
- Previous experience working at a full service broker-dealer, registered investment advisor or insurance agency with strong understanding of securities products is preferred.
- Must have proven management/leadership experience to motivate and develop employees.
For immediate consideration, apply online at: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=3394406
CUSO Financial Services, L.P. offers a rewarding career path and potential for advancement as well as good benefits. Our collaborative culture offers community through shared goals and strong work ethics. To learn more about CFS, please visit www.cusonet.com.