Finance Manager / Company Accountant
- Be part of a highly recognised WA brand name and growing business.
- Join a friendly team and gain experience with a market leader in pumping solutions.
- Full Time, permanent opportunity, Canning Vale location.
A rare and exciting opportunity has risen at Allied Pump for an experienced, hands-on and enthusiastic Finance Manager to join our Canning Vale team on a full-time basis.
About Allied Pumps
Allied Pumps is a long-standing West Australian family owned and operated company who, over the last 30 years has developed a reputation for providing excellence in: safety, reliability, customer service and value engineering.
Here at Allied Pumps, we specialise in pumping, treatment, and storage systems, providing our expertise and leading-edge solutions across many significant projects in the mining, commercial, industrial, environmental, process and water infrastructure sectors both nationally and overseas. Our client base ranges from ASX listed companies, government departments through to SMEs.
Our Values:Accountable, Loyalty, Learning, Innovating, Exceptional, Dedicated, continue to be at the heart of this success story. Our partnerships continue to help us deliver our vision to improve the quality of life for our community through safeguarding one of our most precious resource, water.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Finance Manager and will provide support to the CFO and manage the Finance and Administration Teams ensuring financial statements and all supporting transactions are efficiently and effectively processed as well as providing exceptional service to internal and external stakeholders.
Typical duties will include:
- Produce timely and accurate weekly & monthly Balance Sheet & P&L reconciliations including management of the general ledger, accruals, prepayments & intra-company transactions.
- Ensure the integrity of the financial data for management reporting purposes.
- Investigate, analyse, and report on the financial performance of high value projects - provide insights on how the GP margin can be improved.
- Review COGS and overhead expenses and provide commentary on variances.
- On a fortnightly basis prepare, process, and reconcile payroll for Allied Pumps employees, contractors and sub-contractors, accurately ensuring deadlines are met.
- Prepare, review, and submit all ATO and regulatory lodgements including but not limited to payroll tax, PAYG, BAS and FBT and other statutory submissions. Manage insurance claims as required.
- Supervise, mentor and coach the Finance & Administration Teams to ensure a first class service is provided to all departments.
- Oversee the timely and accurate processing of creditors and debtor transactions including dealing with escalated queries.
- Liaise with external stakeholders as required (such as tax accountants, banks & other lending functions).
- Investigate and present proposals for cost reduction opportunities.
- Assist the CFO by providing recommendations on potential efficiencies and cost savings through analysis, data mining and evaluation of key business data.
- Provide recommendation to improve or implement internal business processes and systems to ensure lean management principles and practices are applied.
- Qualified Accountant (CA, CPA, CIMA)
- 5+ years relevant experience in a similar role
- 5+ years' experience preferably in a manufacturing or construction environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to successfully communicate, liaise and build trust with people at all levels, internally and externally.
- Highly organised and ability to prioritise to meet required timelines.
- Experience in payroll for a medium-large organisation
- HR3 experience or similar payroll software ( desirable)
Software Knowledge Requirements
· High computer literacy and intermediate to advanced competency in Excel
· MYOB Advanced
· XERO Advanced
· Payroll Systems (e.g. HR3)
Benefits on Offer:
- Work across a wide range of exciting projects.
- Encouraged to develop your career as the business continues to grow and innovate.
- Complimentary on-site car parking and Friday luncheon.
- Market competitive salary and participation in the monthly Profit Bonus Scheme
- Employee Assistance Program.
Please submit your current resume.
Applications close May 22nd 2021,however, we may close sooner if we find the right candidate.
You must have theright to live and workin Australia with no work restrictions to apply for this job.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No agency candidates will be considered at this stage.
There is a lot going on here, jump onto our website to find out more:www.alliedpumps.com.au