Financial Accountant (Contract)
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Today, the opportunities for growth across NIKE, Inc.'s business portfolio offer more potential than ever. Nike Finance employees play a key role in that progress by identifying and capitalizing on opportunities to drive value for every Nike shareholder. They manage accounting and reporting for Nike's multi-billion-dollar global investment portfolio, debt and equity instruments, and other Treasury activities. They strategize, forecast, audit, analyze, budget, research and lead important decisions. Across Nike's diverse geographies and businesses, Finance employees deliver far more than just the numbers.
We are currently recruiting for the position of Financial Accountant; this is a full-time contract position until January 2022, reporting into the Pacific Accounting Manager. As the Financial Accountant, you will play a key role in the preparation of tax reports, and Indirect Source to Pay (ISP) / Legal Entity Record to Reporting (LER2R) accounting processes and functions.
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON?
On a monthly basis this role with touch each part of the business, working to accurately record overhead expenses, management of our intercompany transactions and payroll related compliance. This role allows you to record historical events as well as assist in determining future business decisions.
A process driven individual, you will have a strong focus on compliance and a desire to complete detailed and presentable workpapers.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
* Preparation of SGA related accounting entries (wages and other overheads)
* Preparation of periodic reconciliations of balance sheet accounts
* Compliance with all internal controls, including required SOX Controls processes
* Business partnering cross-functionally (local and global) to ensure accurate delivery on reporting and analysis
* Management of intercompany transactions with Nike entities globally
* Management of payroll related accounting entries (including postings, payroll tax calculations and workers comp).
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH?
In this role you will have the ability to work collaboratively across all functions of the business. Growing in the role you will have the opportunity to become the key contact for business partnering and collaboratively find solutions for business decisions.WHAT YOU BRING TO NIKE
Preference will be given to applicants who have:
* A relevant Tertiary qualification in Finance/Commerce or similar
* CA/CPA Qualified (or part-thereof)
* Demonstrated knowledge of the process of, and importance, of balance sheet reconciliations
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* The ability to engage, negotiate with and influence key stakeholders, both internal and external
* Advanced Excel skills and experience, SAP experience is preferred
* The ability to work autonomously and work to a deadline
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS TUESDAY 11th OF MAY.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.