Finance Officer (Other / Non-Teaching)
This is a part-time ongoing position (4 days per week, 44 weeks per annum), commencing on 31 May 2021 (or as soon as practicable).
St Jude's Catholic School is a single stream Catholic primary school catering for families in the Langford and surrounding areas. At St Jude's, a committed and professional staff and supportive parents work together to ensure there is a very nurturing community.
We are seeking a suitably qualified, experienced and enthusiastic applicant for the position of Finance Officer to join our dedicated staff.
Duties and responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• All financial procedures including accounts payable, accounts receivable, staff funds, general ledger processing, and preparation of Business Activity Statements
• Preparation and maintenance of budgets
• Preparation of monthly financial reports for the Principal, Finance Committee and School Advisory Council
• Staff Payroll
• Staff contracts and records
• Funds Management
• Maintaining records of school assets
• CEWA and Government compliance reports including FBT, AFS, Financial Questionnaire, and preparation of documentation for school financial audits.
Selection criteria :
• Commitment to the objectives, priorities and accountabilities of Catholic Education
• A good sense of humour and a willingness to work as part of a team
• Extensive experience in bookkeeping
• Effective financial management strategies and sound knowledge of accrual accounting practices
• High level of computer skills and knowledge including experience in financial programs, MS Word, Excel and Internet Applications
• Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to liaise with families and a range of colleagues
• An ability to exercise confidentiality, initiative and to meet deadlines in a professional manner
• A relevant qualification in Accounting, Business or a related field would be an advantage
• Experience with Administration of Schools (AoS) or in a school environment would be an advantage, but not essential
• Hold or be willing to attain Accreditation to work in a Catholic school
Catholic Education Western Australia encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with a disability, people of all ages and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work in Australia.
Applicants must be fully supportive of the objectives and ethos of Catholic education.
In applying for this position you will be providing personal information to the School. This information will be used in order to assess your application for employment.
A current National Police History Check as issued by the Department of Education Western Australia must also be included. The appropriate Criminal History Record Check form is available from the Department of Education website.
On appointment successful applicants will require a Working with Children Check. Application forms are available at certain Australia Post Outlets throughout the State. A list of participating Australia Post outlets can be found on the Australia Post website. An application for a WWC must be made in person.