•Position: Finance Manager.
•Work location: Shah Alam,Selangor.
About the company
This company is engaged in the manufacturing of adhesives and chemicals for over 50 years in the industry. Their production plants are located at Shah Alam.
Currently they are seeking to recruit a qualified Accountant to assume the role of Finance Manager with short/immediate notice.
About the job
This is a full time permanent position, reporting directly to the General Manager of Finance in Malaysia. The role will be to manage the full spectrum of accounting and finance functions of the business operation activity of Malaysia. As the Finance Manager, you will manage the provision of financial assessments and services to the business unit(s) to enable the company to plan and monitor finance performance, ensuring the provision of accurate and timely information and the provision of robust and effective internal controls.
Key role & responsibilities:
• Responsible for the month end closing for the local statutory reporting, financial statements and analysis reports.
• Management reporting and quarterly corporate reporting.
• Analysis and interpretation of accounting information to appraise profitability, capital expenditures and performance against budget.
• Monthly review of P&L variances and balance sheet account analysis.
• Manage taxation, audit and all related matters.
• Handle taxation,audit, bankers, legal professionals and statutory bodies.
To be considered for this senior finance/accounting role, candidate must possess a ACCA/CIMA qualification.
• Member of MIA.
• Preference for candidates who are in age group 30-40.
• At least 5 years of working experience in finance/accounting in cost accounting within manufacturing industry.
• A confident and well organized self-starter with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
• Good command of spoken and written English is required with good writing skills.
• A good working knowledge of accounting standards (FRS & IAS),taxation and company law will definitely a prerequisite to be considered for this role.
• Proficient in MS Office.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Must be able to commence employment almost immediately or with short notice.