- Emphasizing our open door policy. Whether someone is brand new or has been with the Firm from the beginning, we are all part of the same family and each person matters
- Offering a competitive benefits package and 401k with a company match, including discounted gym memberships and biometric testing reimbursement
- Summer Fridays off!
- Comprehensive performance management program including real time feedback and a formalized mentorship program
- Technical training and business development workshops
More Than a Job
Were hiring for a Tax Manager for our Bridgehampton office. Responsibilities include and are not limited to the following:
- Demonstrates thorough technical knowledge of accounting standards and reporting standards in researching, completing and reviewing technical areas.
- Identifies tax risk management issues and proposes potential solutions through research and collaboration with Engagement Partner
- Reviews tax procedures, engagement workpapers and financial statements without supervision
- Completes thorough review of tax workpapers on a timely basis and assures audit evidence is in accordance with firms documentation standards
- Addresses questions on advanced technical accounting matters from team members and upper level client management
- Advanced level tax preparation skills
- Monitors that tasks are assigned and completed on a timely basis and reviews workflow
- Oversees Seniors and Staff while coordinating the day-to-day duties of planning, tax work, and wrap-up
- Manages multiple assignments inside an engagement
- Communicates with Partner on work status and client issues that arise
- Conducts research, consults with team members, draws conclusions and prepares memos based on target issues
- Advanced knowledge of applicable accounting software (e.g. ProSystem Tax, Engagement, etc.)
- Leads small to medium sized engagements with finalized document and report requiring minimal change upon review
- Top review of returns, workpapers, and issues
- Primary client contact and liaison for complex issues that staff are unable to resolve; communicates effectively with clients and develop positive relationships with client personnel
- Supervises, trains and mentors tax staff
- Stays current on technical and industry developments and standards while evaluating potential impacts on their client engagements
- Bachelor's of Accounting required
- 5+ years experience in a similar role
- Prior experience managing engagements and clients
- Ability to work independently, but also work well with other
- Masters Degree in Accounting or Taxation
- CPA License or on track to obtain
- 2+ years supervisory experience
- Software Experience - CCH ProSystem, Microsoft Office 365
Why Join Us?
Since 1924, Friedman LLP established itself as the premier advisor within the middle market business sector. With a forward thinking approach, Friedman has expanded on core audit and tax services with diverse advisory consulting services including: China Consulting; Forensic, Litigation Support & Valuation Services, Governance, Risk & Compliance, Cybersecurity Consulting and Digital Currency.
Ranked #1 in Vaults 2020 Best Culture in the Accounting Industry , the Friedman Experience offers an inclusive environment where professionals are developed into respected business leaders, while helping our community navigate their businesses in an evolving world.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Friedman LLP is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Friedman LLP will provide reasonable accommodations for persons with qualified disabilities according to Americans with Disabilities Act regulations. If an applicant requires a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact Lea Chown at email@example.com. All requests will be held in strict confidence.
Powered by JazzHR